mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF6/MOXF8 V1.10 Operating System Update"

Page 1 of 3
Posted on: July 18, 2014 @ 06:59 PM
MeMyselfAndI64
Total Posts:  201
Joined  11-12-2013

Is released!

Main Fixes and Enhancements

- Now allows connection to iOS. However, the confirmed operability is for version 7 or later, and is limited to iPad mini retina display models
(A1489, A1490, A1491), iPad Air (A1474, A1475, A1476), 4th generation iPad (A1458, A1459, A1460) and iPhone 5siA1453, A1457, A1518, A1528, A1530, A1533j, iPhone 5ciA1507, A1516, A1526, A1529, A1532, A1456j.
*The text in parentheses above indicates the model numbers, and they are listed on the back of the main body of the iPad and iPhone.

- When polyphony is relatively large, the problem that some notes may have been delayed was improved.

- Solved a problem that operation might freeze when an empty waveform is selected and a continued note-on message is received with the XA control set to KeyOffSound in Voice Element Edit.

- Fixed a problem in which arpeggio output, excluding the recording channel, was recorded in Song recording.

- Solved a problem that the part designation of parameter change became Part 1 at all times when operating a knob, when Local Control was set to Off.

- Solved a problem that SysEX messages which were received over a port other than Port 1 were recorded to a Song.

- Solved some other minor problems.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 18, 2014 @ 08:03 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

Oh nice!  Thanks for posting.  Definitely contains fixes for issues I’ve had.  I was wondering if the delayed note problem was real or just me imagining it.  And maybe now I can upgrade my iPad to iOS7.  This was the one last reason I am still on iOS6.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 18, 2014 @ 09:21 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

MOXF6/MOXF8 V1.10 Operating System Updater direct download link:
http://download.yamaha.com/file/62675

For compatible USB drivers, see:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/472897/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2014 @ 03:23 PM
musicman100
Total Posts:  71
Joined  08-12-2002

Just a suggestion

ALWAYS ALWAYS back up first before applying OS updates.

Second, Do NOT apply an update in between a mission critical project or gig, allow enough time to play with it and debug or allow time to roll back in case it doesn’t work for you.

This is just not my experience, but industry wide standard practices.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2014 @ 07:29 AM
bruceglan
Total Posts:  23
Joined  06-24-2014

Hi MeMyself
Thanks for posting this update. I had just queried where to find these firmware updates as I’m on v1.01 and couldn’t find them anywhere. Just for future reference where do I go for these? Couldn’t find them on Yamaha support!

Question, can I update straight from v1.01 or do I have to update to 1.03 first?

Second question, I’ve got about 30 edited voices and performances that I’ve backed up under the “All” function. Will doing a restore from that muck up the update or can I just restore the voices and performances.

Regards
Bruce

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2014 @ 08:18 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
bruceglan - 20 July 2014 07:29 AM

[...]I had just queried where to find these firmware updates as I’m on v1.01 and couldn’t find them anywhere. Just for future reference where do I go for these? Couldn’t find them on Yamaha support!

Here is one location.

bruceglan -

Question, can I update straight from v1.01 or do I have to update to 1.03 first?

You can skip intermediate updates.

bruceglan -

Second question, I’ve got about 30 edited voices and performances that I’ve backed up under the “All” function. Will doing a restore from that muck up the update or can I just restore the voices and performances.

Loading an “All” file will not affect the updated OS.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2014 @ 12:22 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

Posting to confirm iOS7 devices will now work with USB MIDI.  I tested an iPad 2 (not listed in the release notes) and was able to use the Yamaha Voice Editor.  Also, my iOS6 device continued to work as well.  So all good.

Windows Vista Users:  Upgrading the synth to 1.10 will break the connection to the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver.  The latest Yamaha Steinberg USB drivers will not work under Vista (see: http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/471711) and the old 1.8.3 Driver will not recognize the MOXF after upgrading to 1.10.  Just a word of caution to those who use Vista.  If anyone knows a workaround or is having success, let us know.  Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2014 @ 12:23 PM
bruceglan
Total Posts:  23
Joined  06-24-2014

Thanks 5pinDIN. I didn’t follow the Yamaha thread far enough.

Appreciate your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2014 @ 10:02 PM
tcamp
Total Posts:  40
Joined  07-10-2006

If one upgrades to the new 1.10 OS, does the optional flash board content remain in tact? I presume reloading of user voice/performance/master memory is necessary, but just wondering what needs to be done to preserve waveform samples and references.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2014 @ 10:30 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
tcamp - 20 July 2014 10:02 PM

If one upgrades to the new 1.10 OS, does the optional flash board content remain in tact? I presume reloading of user voice/performance/master memory is necessary, but just wondering what needs to be done to preserve waveform samples and references.

The contents of an optional Flash Module will not be affected by the OS update.

You are correct in presuming all of the other USER content STORED in the machine is at risk in the updating process.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2014 @ 03:27 PM
Reynolds230
Total Posts:  36
Joined  01-14-2013

I updated to the new OS. It does affect the contents of the flash module. So ensure everyone does a full backup with samples as you will lose the data and will have to reload.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2014 @ 04:01 PM
R.U.doin
Total Posts:  16
Joined  09-29-2007

Does this mean the MOXF can be connected to the iPad with a CCK, through USB? If so, what are the settings in the MOXF?

Rudo

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2014 @ 04:01 PM
MeMyselfAndI64
Total Posts:  201
Joined  11-12-2013
Reynolds230 - 21 July 2014 03:27 PM

I updated to the new OS. It does affect the contents of the flash module. So ensure everyone does a full backup with samples as you will lose the data and will have to reload.

It don`t affect the flash. What makes you say that?

I installed the backup without samples I made before the OS update.

And I was back playing without any problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2014 @ 04:59 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Reynolds230 - 21 July 2014 03:27 PM

From a Bad_Mister post in the XF Forum:

“Fact: Neither the act of updating your Motif XF’s firmware, nor the act of executing a Factory Set will disturb any audio sampled data that has been installed on the FLASH BOARD.

Fact: There are only two ways to eliminate the data on a FLASH BOARD:
1) Use the DELETE function
2) FORMAT the Board

You cannot overwrite installed data.
You cannot reset your unit and lose it (Factory Set does not affect the FLASH BOARD).
You cannot accidentally lose it (in theory).

The instructions are proper for when you are updating your Motif XF, that to ensure you can get back to where you were before your updated your FIRMWARE - you only need to make a backup ALL data file “without sample”. (With as much as 2GB to backup in the XF, why wait for this huge backup file to be written? It does take a significant amount of TIME to backup 2GB - especially when it is really not necessary in this instance). The instructions just simply gives you the most efficient way to handle this.”

This will hold true for the MOXF as well.

However, if you feel apprehensive, and SAVING and LOADING your backup ALL file “with SAMPLES” makes you feel better, go for it!

Just be sure you don’t duplicate all the Waveforms on the Flash Board when you re-LOAD...when you find they didn’t go anywhere!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 23, 2014 @ 10:07 AM
syamtajuddin
Total Posts:  19
Joined  06-18-2014

I’m really sorry to ask this..can someone give a link on steps to update MOXF firmware? Lots of thanks :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 23, 2014 @ 10:18 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
syamtajuddin - 23 July 2014 10:07 AM

I’m really sorry to ask this..can someone give a link on steps to update MOXF firmware? Lots of thanks :)

Download the updater Zip file and unzip it. You’ll find instructions included. If anything in the instructions isn’t clear, just ask.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 3