mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Anyone tried moxf with bose tonematch?"

Posted on: June 21, 2014 @ 07:38 AM
min3008
Total Posts:  129
Joined  12-08-2012

Has anyone tried a moxf or similar with a bose tonematch? If so, how is it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 21, 2014 @ 11:42 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Had to look up what a Bose Tonematch is - ok, it’s a mixer that you hook up to the
$2500-$3500 Bose L1 sound system and costs about $500. So you’re talking $3K to $4K
just to “try it out”.  I kinda doubt there are many users here who have shelled out that kind
of cash for a live keyboard rig.

It’s just a programmable mixer, btw...the Yamaha 01V96 mixer does way more and costs less. And you can hook it up to any brand of powered speakers, unlike the Tonematch, which apparently interfaces only with the Bose L1 system.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 21, 2014 @ 12:32 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The Bose ToneMatch (T1) can operate independently of the L1 speakers, as long as the optional power supply is used. However, most “advantages” of the T1 are lost if it isn’t used in conjunction with the Bose L1. Unless you have the Bose speakers or expect to get them, there may be better choices.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2014 @ 07:20 AM
lsjanca@aol.com
Total Posts:  30
Joined  11-15-2005

I have the older Bose L1 model one with two bottom cabinets for years and am more than pleased with the sound.  I just run my keyboards to a regular mixer then out to the bose.  the sound is very clear, punchy, and cuts through.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2014 @ 12:43 PM
djudson
Total Posts:  46
Joined  02-01-2013

I have tried it.  An earlier post is correct that the advantage of the ToneMatch (portability, decent sounds) is lost once it is decoupled from the Bose speaker(s).  I kept my ToneMatch after I sold the L1 thinking it would be useful for the MOX8 and now the MOXF6.  If you do use it, plug the stereo outputs from the MOXF into the 4-5 number outputs on the ToneMatch.  A better approach is to plug the stereo outputs from the MOXF into a standard mixer (using two separate channels) and then pan one channel hard left and one channel hard right.  I use an Allen-Heath ZED10FX mixer (pretty basic and not great effects) into a pair of QSC K-10s.  Piano sounds are reasonably good with this setup.  I also have many MIDI backing tracks, some with background vocals, and they work well through this approach.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Loading .WAV files into MOXF
Next Topic:

Sequencing help ››