mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "moxf everything is inactiv, help needed"

Posted on: June 14, 2014 @ 03:11 PM
wunno
Total Posts:  7
Joined  06-14-2014

Hi there

I have a strange problem with my moxf6.
I was working with the moxf-Editor testing some configuration, when my moxf6 just froze. Even a switch on/off doesn’t help anymore.

It looks like follows:
When I switch on my moxf6 the display shows the current voice and I can change it with the data wheel. All other buttons are inactive and now LED is on. Apart from the data wheel it’s all dead, it plays no sound either.

If I switch on the moxf-Editor I can play the voice on the VST-Keyboard (I can change it whith the data wheel). Also with “Bulk/Data Sync” I can synchronize the voices in both directions.
But when I try to set the Auto Sync online, I get a Time Out Error.

If I start the remote Edior it says it’s online and I can even to a “Edit/Reset to Factory Settings”. On the moxf6 display I see the message “Receiving MIDI bulk”. But after a restart everything is the same.

It looks like the moxf6 has been switched to a remote control and local control has somehow been fully switched off.

Are there any suggestions, how I can reset my moxf6 to standard operations? Since all buttons are inactive I can’t to a “Utility/Job” for a local factory reset.

Thanks,

wunno

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 14, 2014 @ 03:32 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I have a strange problem with my moxf6.
I was working with the moxf-Editor testing some configuration, when my moxf6 just froze. Even a switch on/off doesn’t help anymore.

Without knowing what kind of “testing” you were doing, it is possible to have configured yourself into a state with your computer that causes the instrument to act strange.

We recommend that you disconnect the MOXF from the computer and try rebooting the MOXF.
Please be sure you are using the Yamaha PA150 power adapter supplied with your MOXF.

Then re-establish communication with the computer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 14, 2014 @ 03:41 PM
wunno
Total Posts:  7
Joined  06-14-2014

I was just assigning different voices and I can not think of anything particular that caused the freeze.
Also I disconnected everything, started the moxf6 without USB connection and so on. It just seems to be a persistent state its in.
All equipment is standard Yamaha I’m using.

Is there no full reset like some other Yamaha Keybards are having, like holding the key C6 while switching on the device?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 14, 2014 @ 04:46 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You’ll need to take it to an authorized repair shop.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ IRig Keys controlling MOXF
Next Topic:

Which MOXF voices respond to aftertouch? ››