mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "IRig Keys controlling MOXF"

Posted on: June 12, 2014 @ 09:03 PM
Silvio_Lord
Total Posts:  12
Joined  06-11-2014

Can MOXF be directly controlled by IRIG Keys? That means: just one cable connecting both, without any intermediate devices.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 13, 2014 @ 01:28 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Welcome to the Forum!

Don’t know anything about iRig Keys… Perhaps you should ask whomever makes it/sells it.

The MOXF has a MIDI IN jack… For the purpose of external devices controlling it. That much we can tell you! The MOXF also has a USB jack but only for computer connectivity
:-)
Does.the keyboard you are thinking about have a regular standard 5-pin MIDI OUT?
The letter “i” usually means NO.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 13, 2014 @ 03:41 PM
Silvio_Lord
Total Posts:  12
Joined  06-11-2014

thanks for answering, Bad_Mister.

my question is because IRig included cable has a USB A connector and it is not suitable to MOXF USB B type host jack (see picture).

iRig Keys doesn´t have standard 5-pin MIDI connector.

So, what I understood is I need a cable like UX16 to control MOXF directly from another MIDI keyboard controller, right?

Image Attachments
usb cable.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 13, 2014 @ 06:15 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Silvio_Lord - 13 June 2014 03:41 PM

thanks for answering, Bad_Mister.

my question is because IRig included cable has a USB A connector and it is not suitable to MOXF USB B type host jack (see picture).

iRig Keys doesn´t have standard 5-pin MIDI connector.

So, what I understood is I need a cable like UX16 to control MOXF directly from another MIDI keyboard controller, right?

No, you could not use iRIg Keys to control MOXF or other tone generator except:
1. You have connected iRIG via USB cable to computer and also MOXF. Than, you could use some
DAW application like Cubase to route iRig MIDI in to MOXF MIDI out.
2. You are using some MIDI interface like iConnectMIDI or similar that enables connecting both 5pin MIDI and USB only MIDI equipment.

UX16 MIDI interface is only intended for connecting MIDI equipment that have only 5pin MIDI connectors to PC computer via USB port. You have to install also a proper driver, so your MIDI interface could be recognized when you plug it to computer.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ help!!!!Please!!
Next Topic:

moxf everything is inactiv, help needed ››