mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can’t drive Kontakt with Motif ES8"

Posted on: June 06, 2014 @ 10:13 PM
allen mills
Total Posts:  24
Joined  04-29-2008

It seems I’ve taken all the correct steps to drive Kontakt on a PC laptop (HP Pavilion dv7) via my Motif ES8, but there is no response. The Motif is indeed showing up in File/Options/MIDI; here are the options presented:

3-MIDI in
Yamaha Motif ES-1
Yamaha Motif ES-2
Yamaha Motif ES-3
Yamaha Motif ES-4

But there is no response. I have the Motif connected via USB cable to the laptop, and USB is selected on the Motif in Utility - MIDI In/Out.

I have a test sound loaded in, and it can be played and heard using the laptop mouse, through the Audio interface - an Audiobox USB.

Any ideas?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 06, 2014 @ 11:33 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi allen mills,

I’m presuming you are talking about standalone Kontakt?

Last time I used standalone, I seem to recall having to enable the Device/Port input and output I wanted to use.

Kontakt standalone loads up with them all set to OFF.

I’m pretty sure you just need to change OFF to ON or choose from whatever options it gives you when you click on OFF (varies between keyboards and interfaces)

Have you also tried a VST instance of Kontakt from within a DAW (like Cubase) and got it to work that way?  Might be worth doing as a test.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 07, 2014 @ 12:13 AM
allen mills
Joined  04-29-2008

Hi philwoodmusic, thanks for the reply and yes, I’m using it in standalone mode, and I do already have them set to the ON position.

In my case I won’t be running it in my DAW which is PT, as that would be RTAS and I bought VST to run on my PC Laptop.

The Motif is driving standalone versions of Goliath and Vienna Symphonic Library just fine, so it’s puzzling it won’t drive Kontakt…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 07, 2014 @ 12:31 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

I think you probably need to talk to Native Instruments.

If your Motif is working fine with other standalone software, I’m not really sure how it could be the Motif or the driver for it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 07, 2014 @ 08:31 AM
allen mills
Joined  04-29-2008

Yeah, I did contact NI. We’ll see how their customer support is. There have to be other people who have run into this particular problem unless my Motif has some unique or hidden issue that hasn’t clearly presented itself yet. I thought I might run into some of them here…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 07, 2014 @ 02:25 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
allen mills - 07 June 2014 08:31 AM

Yeah, I did contact NI. We’ll see how their customer support is. There have to be other people who have run into this particular problem unless my Motif has some unique or hidden issue that hasn’t clearly presented itself yet. I thought I might run into some of them here…

As far as any VSTi on your PC is concerned, the ES is just another Midi controller. Kontakt
doesn’t “care” what is controlling it.

You can call NI tech support directly, btw. The number is 1-(323)467-2693. Their hours
are 9a-5p PDT.

Note: This is the Motif XF section of the forum. Your question was about the Motif ES.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 14, 2015 @ 07:24 AM
Chopin123
Total Posts:  232
Joined  01-29-2013

Hi guys
I see Allen that you are using Motif and Vienna symphonic library. I’ve been straggling to for months now to set these two together. I have no problem with using motif as a keyboard controller for Vienna but I wanted to use motif performances and then replace them with Vienna instruments or insert motif instruments into Vienna ensamble pro and mir pro. Do use Motif in this way? How would you set it up ?
Please help if you can.
Thanks
Robert

Motif xf8
Cubase 7.5
Vienna instruments pro
Vienna ensamble pro
Mir pro
Mac book pro 16GB,SSD
Glyph studio 2T

[ Ignore ]