mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "A Couple Headscratchers"

Posted on: June 06, 2014 @ 01:12 PM
Botanicus
Total Posts:  20
Joined  06-03-2014

I’m really enjoying the MOXF6, had it a week now and loving it.

Here’s my first headscratch, though..... The guitar ‘Jazz Blues’ preset 36 in bank 9 has by default the arpeggiator enabled. Yet no arpeggios sound when playing, no sustain until you turn off the arp. When you hit arp edit, it looks like there are Part Mute buttons illuminated but you can’t toggle them off. I didn’t know if that was meant to be or not so I restored the factory settings, but it didn’t change anything. The arps loaded are guitar arps, so they should be doing something. The arpeggiator functions as expected in the other guitar presets in the same bank.

Also, curious if there are any firmware updates etc. I looked at the website, found all the manuals etc. but it didn’t look as though there were any software updates for the MOXF.

One other thing I’m trying to figure out is how to trigger the arps and drum patterns when slaved to Digital Performer, Local off.  I tried a couple of the Quick Setups for DAW but can’t get any arps to play, it seems to lock up with a stuck note.  Recording notes/midi playback is working fine as long as no patterns are involved.

Great sounds on board, a nice complement to my Kronos.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 06, 2014 @ 02:49 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Botanicus - 06 June 2014 01:12 PM

[...] Also, curious if there are any firmware updates etc. I looked at the website, found all the manuals etc. but it didn’t look as though there were any software updates for the MOXF.[...]

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure which website you looked at. Did you try here? There’s a lot more than manuals - the first item should be the version 1.03 OS update.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 06, 2014 @ 02:57 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Botanicus - 06 June 2014 01:12 PM

Here’s my first headscratch, though..... The guitar ‘Jazz Blues’ preset 36 in bank 9 has by default the arpeggiator enabled. Yet no arpeggios sound when playing, no sustain until you turn off the arp. When you hit arp edit, it looks like there are Part Mute buttons illuminated but you can’t toggle them off. I didn’t know if that was meant to be or not so I restored the factory settings, but it didn’t change anything. The arps loaded are guitar arps, so they should be doing something. The arpeggiator functions as expected in the other guitar presets in the same bank.

The Velocity Limit is set to 126-127 for the Arps for that Voice (at least on my XF). You have to hit the keys a bit hard for them to be triggered.

You could reduce the lower limit settings for each of those Arps if you want to make them easier to trigger. See page 28 of the MOXF Reference Manual, [F4]LIMIT, VelocityLimit.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 07, 2014 @ 03:20 PM
Botanicus
Total Posts:  20
Joined  06-03-2014

Thanks for the help!  I did find the 1.03 update and the others, installed fine.  I also figured out how the JazzBlues arps were setup, interesting approach and with tweaking the velocity limit I can see how you could incorporate into live playing.  Part of the reason I couldn’t hear it before is that even when banging on the MOXF I apparently couldn’t trigger a 126 or 127 velocity level.  Perhaps I should adjust the velocity sensitivity on a global scale.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 07, 2014 @ 03:55 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Botanicus - 07 June 2014 03:20 PM

Thanks for the help!  I did find the 1.03 update and the others, installed fine.  I also figured out how the JazzBlues arps were setup, interesting approach and with tweaking the velocity limit I can see how you could incorporate into live playing.  Part of the reason I couldn’t hear it before is that even when banging on the MOXF I apparently couldn’t trigger a 126 or 127 velocity level.  Perhaps I should adjust the velocity sensitivity on a global scale.

You’re welcome.

Yes, you might want to experiment with the Velocity Curve settings. See Utility Mode General settings starting on page 140 of the MOXF Reference Manual - VelCurve details are on page 141.

[ Ignore ]