mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase AI7 integration with MOXF8 and recording"

Posted on: June 06, 2014 @ 09:56 AM
riddhidutta
Total Posts:  4
Joined  05-27-2014

Friends..I need your help on the following two points please:
1) Suppose I want to record two separate tracks on Cubase. One with Piano (in MIDI mode) and the other with strings. I am able to record the piano perfectly. When I insert the second track (in MIDI mode) and I choose strings as my voice from the MOXF, I’m able to record. But when I play it back from the beginning, I hear my piano on the first track has been replaced by strings and I’m unable to hear anything on the second track. Where am I going wrong? Step by step suggestions would be preferred
2) How do I record a performance from the MOXF8 on track one and then add another instrument on track 2 to record?
3)When I record a performance in Cubase from the MOXF8, is it possible for me to get the individual instruments as separate MIDI tracks?
Many thanks in advance...Riddhi

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 06, 2014 @ 10:19 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

...when I play it back from the beginning, I hear my piano on the first track has been replaced by strings and I’m unable to hear anything on the second track. Where am I going wrong?

In order to record multiple instruments you must place the MOXF in one of its two Multi-timbral modes: SONG or PATTERN.

In Voice mode you can only play one instrument at a time… And this is why the sequence data you recorded plays back all from one Voice.

When you go to one of the two sequencer modes, you can have 16 different instruments, one on each of the 16 MIDI channels available.

Press [SONG]
Find an empty Song location 01-64 to use for your instrument setup
Press [MIXING]
This gives you access to the MOXF as a 16-Part Multi-timbral tone generator, with the ability to choose a different Voice for each of the 16 Parts.

Press [EDIT]
Press button [1] to select PART 1
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [SF1] VOICE
Here you can select the Voice for PART 1

Press button [2] to select PART 2
Select a String Voice for PART 2

Initially each Part is assigned to the corresponding number MIDI channel

How do I record a performance from the MOXF8 on track one and then add another instrument on track 2 to record?

in Cubase:
Go to PROJECT > ADD AUDIO Track > select to add 1 Stereo Audio Track
You will need to set this audio track to receive stereo audio from the MOXF

Go to DEVICES > VST CONNECTIONS > INPUTS tab > make sure you have a STEREO INPUT setup to receive audio from the MOXF 3 and 4. Initially the tone generator of the MOXF has its internal Parts assigned to audio bus 3/4; the A/D Input is assigned to audio bus 1/2

If you need to click ADD BUS to add the necessary stereo input and make the assignment.
Return to to the main Track screen and make sure your Stereo Audio Track is assigned receive input from the Stereo Audio bus you just setup (3/4)

You will also want to set Cubase as the master MIDI clock. This type of basic audio recording is explained in depth here: BASIC AUDIO RECORDING

3)When I record a performance in Cubase from the MOXF8, is it possible for me to get the individual instruments as separate MIDI tracks?

Yes. The quickest and easiest way is to record the Performance to the MOXF’s own sequencer because it is designed (for the most part) to record its own Performance data… Then synchronize the clocks and transfer the four MIDI tracks by playing back the MOXF to Cubase. for this it requires you record to just one MIDI Track in Cubase, then you must DISSOLVE the data to separate Tracks after you’ve transferred the data.

There are some arpeggios that cannot be recorded as MIDI data easily, these include the specialty Hybrid Velocity Zone Arpeggio Types that combine notes that you play directly and notes that are sorted by the arpeggiator. In such a case you would need to either record them as audio, or isolate the sorted notes from the direct notes by recording them in a separate pass.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 06, 2014 @ 10:25 AM
riddhidutta
Joined  05-27-2014

Thanks a lot my friend. I shall follow these steps. Unfortunately the link you shared “Basic Audio Recording” isn’t working for me. Seems like that’s a local host. Can you please resend the revised link? Thanks again for the prompt reply. Cheers :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 06, 2014 @ 10:30 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I’m in an airport so had to post the actual link separately… It should be there now.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 06, 2014 @ 10:39 AM
riddhidutta
Joined  05-27-2014

Awesome..really appreciate your help. Have a safe flight friend. Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Performance Editor for S70 XS
Next Topic:

A Couple Headscratchers ››