mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Easy Vocoder Setup guide for S90XS?"

Posted on: June 05, 2014 @ 10:39 AM
CEB
Total Posts:  7
Joined  06-05-2014

I have not used the vocoder in probably 3 years.  I forgot how to setup the vocoder.  I need to try to setup a Performance patch for Get Lucky.  Is there a guide I can store on my phone?  The S90 is at rehearsal studio.  It took me a longtime to figure it out when I tried out the vocoder 3 years ago.  I found it to be convoluted.

I would really like to try to do this on the S90XS because I like the IO better than what is on my Roland.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 06, 2014 @ 05:19 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

From a previous post on the same subject.....

First, the Vocoder can be used in VOICE mode, in PERFORMANCE mode (only on PART 1), or in MULTI/SEQ PLAY mode (again only assigned to PART 1). The reason is PART 1 is the Part that supports an audio input.

A VOCODER is when an audio input is routed into a synth Voice and the signal of the mic input is used to modify the synth sound. It is not, as many first think, an effect for the mic, rather the mic modifies the synth.

Best way to start is to plug in and get the microphone working normally. Easy enough. What we will do is re-route the signal you hear to an internal destination, instead of the main outputs. So get audio first, then change the output destination for the A/D Part so that it goes directly to the Vocoder.

If you want to use the Vocoder you must re-route the OUTPUT of the A/D Input (mic) to the dual Insert Effect unit of the Synth Voice. You will combine the INSERT A and B blocks of the target Voice to create the “INS L”, which stands for INSERT Effect Large (basically you are sending the mic, instead of to the normal main L/R output, to the synth Voice’s Insert Effect. This Voice’s dual Insertion Effects must be set to one LARGE unit which currently recreates the vocoder.

In VOICE mode you route the AD Part in UTILITY
In a PERFORMANCE or a MULTI you route the AD PART locally within the individual PERFORMANCE or MULTI program.

You can route the Vocoder VOICE (Part 1) to an assignable output this will allow you to record it discreetly to your DAW. Remember it is the synth Voice in Part 1 that is the Vocoder Voice, the output of the A/D part is routed internally to the synth sound… So it’s the synth sound’s output that is Vocoded.

I’ll attach an article (PDF) on the S90 XS/S70 XS and the Vocoder, if you get stuck or have any questions, post back here.

File Attachments
vocoder_mic.pdf  (File Size: 87KB - Downloads: 1196)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2014 @ 01:53 AM
CEB
Joined  06-05-2014

Thanks a lot. You are a huge help. I have this on my phone. I will try to put the information to good use tomorrow.

Thanks again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2014 @ 11:18 PM
CEB
Joined  06-05-2014

Everything worked great. Good day of programming sounds and setups.

Thanks for the support.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MAudio Oxygen v2 + s90es
Next Topic:

S90XS Mainstage and external midi controller ››