mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Footswitch help on MOX8"

Posted on: June 03, 2014 @ 01:52 PM
nickname47
Total Posts:  11
Joined  05-15-2014

So I want to buy a yamaha fc5 controller for my mox8 but I have to know if i can use it for what i really need it.

So what I need is to be able to change to a specific program when i press the controller and then go back to the initial program when i press it again.

So let’s say i play a Grand Piano voice and then for a specific part of the song i want to switch to a organ voice using the controller, and then go back to my initial Grand Piano voice when i press it again. The refference guide is not really clear about this in my opinion.

Is it possible to do this? And if yes maby you can help me program it after I purchase it!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 03, 2014 @ 03:40 PM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006
nickname47 - 03 June 2014 01:52 PM

So I want to buy a yamaha fc5 controller for my mox8 but I have to know if i can use it for what i really need it.

So what I need is to be able to change to a specific program when i press the controller and then go back to the initial program when i press it again.

So let’s say i play a Grand Piano voice and then for a specific part of the song i want to switch to a organ voice using the controller, and then go back to my initial Grand Piano voice when i press it again. The refference guide is not really clear about this in my opinion.

Is it possible to do this? And if yes maby you can help me program it after I purchase it!

You can use foot switch and set program increment, however you can’t go back.

Option 1:
- Master Mode: you just create master mode with one to another, for example 001:Piano, 002: Organ, 003:Piano, 004:Organ, 005:Piano…

Option 2:
- Assignable Function (XA): Create new voice with both Organ and Piano Element, and switch back and forth by XA on/off (this method won’t take advantage of 8 elements of Piano sound)

Hope that helps,
dcool

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 03, 2014 @ 06:01 PM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013

...So let’s say i play a Grand Piano voice and then for a specific part of the song i want to switch to a organ voice using the controller, and then go back to my initial Grand Piano voice when i press it again. The refference guide is not really clear about this in my opinion.

Assuming you are looking for a smooth transition within the same song..

I believe dcool is correct about not being able to use a controller to switch back and forth between voices (programs), however, if you use MASTER Mode by assigning the piano to, say, slot 001, and organ to slot 002, and you need an smooth transition, you run the risk of experiencing a “glitch” between voices if you don’t have a “musically convenient” measure to move back and forth between voices.

One way to handle the “smooth” transition is to set up a SONG MIX and assign your desired voices to parts.

Then during live performance, when it’s time for that song to come up, get into [SONG][MIXING] mode, and use the track buttons to switch between parts.  No glitches.

Here’s a useful article on Using a [MOX] Mixing program to organize your “live” setup

If you want to use MASTER mode to manage your set list, this article focuses on Understanding the MASTER Mode: MOX6/MOX8

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 04, 2014 @ 01:45 AM
pranav_mox6
Total Posts:  38
Joined  05-24-2014

I suggest you to buy the foot switch and check. Well its worth buying. You wont regret. If it wont work you can use it as a sustain pedal instead.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2014 @ 12:57 PM
nickname47
Total Posts:  11
Joined  05-15-2014
jazz.preest - 03 June 2014 06:01 PM

...So let’s say i play a Grand Piano voice and then for a specific part of the song i want to switch to a organ voice using the controller, and then go back to my initial Grand Piano voice when i press it again. The refference guide is not really clear about this in my opinion.

Assuming you are looking for a smooth transition within the same song..

I believe dcool is correct about not being able to use a controller to switch back and forth between voices (programs), however, if you use MASTER Mode by assigning the piano to, say, slot 001, and organ to slot 002, and you need an smooth transition, you run the risk of experiencing a “glitch” between voices if you don’t have a “musically convenient” measure to move back and forth between voices.

One way to handle the “smooth” transition is to set up a SONG MIX and assign your desired voices to parts.

Then during live performance, when it’s time for that song to come up, get into [SONG][MIXING] mode, and use the track buttons to switch between parts.  No glitches.

Here’s a useful article on Using a [MOX] Mixing program to organize your “live” setup

If you want to use MASTER mode to manage your set list, this article focuses on Understanding the MASTER Mode: MOX6/MOX8

Well I understood the song mixing mode, but can I use the pedal to change tracks?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2014 @ 05:32 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

No, a Foot Switch cannot change Tracks.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Logic pro x no audio
Next Topic:

Master mode help ››