mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "ES as remote controller for LPX"

Posted on: May 30, 2014 @ 01:10 AM
PatternMan
Total Posts:  7
Joined  05-20-2014

Someone please help.

I have followed the direction for remote setup for the ES on page 148 of the book, but I can’t find the menu in LPX.

I know this is prob a stupid question, but this is the first software Ive tried to use so please bear with me.

UTILITY-> F5 MIDI -> SF4 OTHER -> MIDI IN/OUT= USB

UTILITY -> F4 CTL ASN -> SF4 Remote -> MODE A Logic Port 2
MODE B OFF Port 4

Then I search LPX for something familiar and…

I also have the LPX book but it gave me the spinaroonie a few times.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 30, 2014 @ 08:00 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Do you have any PLG Boards installed in your ES?

We ask because you may want keep that Port 2 available for them.
Set the “MODE A” to “Logic” and use “Port 4” just like it says on page 148
You don’t get to pick the port, really, 4 is very strong suggestion

In your DAW, you will need to find where they set the Remote Control Surface ports and set it to the Yamaha USB MIDI driver’s Port 4 for MIDI IN/OUT

Lookup: “Remote”, “Control Surface”, or similar terms in your Logic manual

The ES manual, written some 11 years ago, will not refer to your much more recent version of Logic… So you will need to depend on the documentation that comes with Logic Pro for details on setting up this remote control. Fortunately, it’s the same MIDI protocol so it should be doable. Port 4 for remote. It must be set to its own discreet port - if your Remote messages get merged with your regular MIDI data you will notice button on the ES front panel will trigger notes or open/close windows, and generally cause mayhem. Port 4 should be selected just for Remote Control messages between the ES hardware and the Logic software.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 31, 2014 @ 08:04 PM
PatternMan
Total Posts:  7
Joined  05-20-2014

Thanks for the advice, i did what you said and its works, just a little kooky.

LPX wants to scan for control devices and dosent have ES on the list of possibles.

01V96
02R96
DM1000
DM2000
Each also has channel strips only option

Logic Control is default but knobs dont work for control only the Stop, REC, Play, and mute buttons work.

I think I need to create a control group, wich combo would fit the ES6 setup the best?

Maybe this is all I can get because of the age of the Motif?

If you’ve heard of this please let me know.
Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 31, 2014 @ 09:51 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

No, the 01V96, and the 02R96 and the DMs date back to the same era, it’s just nobody back then was thinking about using a keyboard as a control surface but Yamaha (ha!) so they always have the templates for the mixers, never the keyboards. (They always disrespect us keyboard players)
:-)

If you see a template for Mackie Control, the template is basically the same as that. Looking for the exact Motif ES I’d be surprised if it was there.

Let us know how it works out.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Logic Pro X w/ Motif ES6
Next Topic:

Logic Pro x signal, but no sound ››