mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Differing note lengths"

Posted on: May 29, 2014 @ 11:56 PM
jshep0102
Total Posts:  290
Joined  11-16-2012

I’m trying to create chromatic horn glisses with some wavs I have for my MOXF. The note range of one wav is G#2 to C3. Playing an interval greater than a Major 2nd makes the low note longer, the higher note shorter. It gets worse the greater the interval, though this is only 4 semitones apart.

I looked at 2 other threads with links here, but it says I’m ‘not authorized to perform this function’, though I’m signed in.

It seems I need to make copies of each sample and stretch or compress each one with software to be the same length. With the pitch difference between tenor sax and trumpet, the trumpet notes are done well before the saxes, and that doesn’t happen with real instruments. I’m concerned as well that the higher the note range, the worse the stretching will sound…

I don’t see any way to do this in the melas waveform editor.

Thanks much, Shep

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 30, 2014 @ 09:10 AM
jshep0102
Joined  11-16-2012

I pulled the samples into Kontakt 5. With it’s Time Machine, I can get the notes to play exactly the same length in specified ranges, so that’s great. Now to figure out how to get them out of Kontakt to individual note wav files…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 30, 2014 @ 10:39 AM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013

The “convert vsti’s/samples to motif xf format?” thread has a good discussion on your task-at-hand…

jshep0102 - 29 May 2014 11:56 PM

...I looked at 2 other threads with links here, but it says I’m ‘not authorized to perform this function’, though I’m signed in…

Just a by-the-way: that’s the message you get when trying to access a Motif XS forum link.  The Motif XS forum threads disappeared when this site crashed some time back.  There’s “radio silence” on when and if those threads will be recovered.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 30, 2014 @ 11:00 AM
jshep0102
Joined  11-16-2012

So, I have to load Kontakt in Sonar X3, record the notes, output each as a separate file, trim in Melas Waveform editor, import to MOXF. Labor intensive, but worth it.  Thanks much for your help!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Cleaning up improper prepared midi file ?
Next Topic:

Multi sampling ››