mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Associate external voice bank to MOTIF XS pattern"

Posted on: May 06, 2014 @ 09:06 AM
vadino
Total Posts:  8
Joined  01-14-2011

Good afternoon, I am using Motif XS and another keyboard from Solton (old MS50). On the Motif I am using mainly the pattern, so when playing I am selecting the Pattern number on the Motif and manually the voice bank on the Solton. What I would like to reach is changing only the Pattern on the Motif and automate the selection of the voice bank on the Solton connecting them via midi. Is possible to do it? I don’t know if I was able to describe well my problem, what I would like is to move the dialer on the MOTIF and select at same time the Pattern on the MOTIF and the Voice bank on the Solton. Many thanks, best regards Corrado

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 06, 2014 @ 11:13 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry, we don’t know anything about your other keyboard (Solton MS50).

If you are asking can the the Yamaha Motif XS send Bank Select and Program Changes to an external device connected via MIDI so that when you select a Pattern that device will recall a specific program, the answer is, yes, it can.

If you are asking how, to fully answer you’d need to tell us is can this external device receive such messages.
With the Motif XS you can either have the Program Change message in the Track, or you can use the Master mode to send the message when you recall the Program.

Without the Solton bank a Select and Program Change information we can’t give you a specific answer.
See if you can find out if it is 1) capable 2) what format it uses

Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 09, 2014 @ 07:55 AM
vadino
Total Posts:  8
Joined  01-14-2011

Many thanks for your fast reply, the answer is “Yes” the Solton MS50/60 is capable. The bank select is not required in this case as the bank I have to select is not the GM bank but is a special bank to be selected on the keyboard manually e left anabled. What I have to select is only the program change that I select succesfully from Computer with MidiOX program sending cmd “C0 XX” where XX is from 00 thru 7F.
Back to my problem I would like for example the Motif send C0 00 when I select pattern 21 on Motif, and C0 2D when I select pattern 03.
What i see now from the Motif is that is sending F3 14 when I select pattern 21 and send F3 02 when I select tattern 03.
Many thanks and best regards

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ â–ºTo XS/XF users and Mr Motifâ—„
Next Topic:

Mutec Flash 2GB...?!?!!?!? ››