mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif 8 not sending signal to right side on mixer board"

Posted on: April 22, 2014 @ 01:16 AM
pugetsoundgaspiping@yahoo.com
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-22-2014

So, I just picked up an almost unused Motif 8 and got it all set up at my church.  I ran two 1/4” cords to two different XLR jacks, and at the mixer converted back to 1/4” and into channel 15/16 on my Yamaha MG166CX.  No matter what I do, I can only get the left sound indicator to read.  Sound is coming out of all speakers, but if I pan right, it all goes away.  If I pan left, its the same as if I were at 12 o’clock. I’ve tried different channels, different cables, all sorts of stuff, and I just can’t get a signal on the right side.  I don’t want to believe that this keyboard is broken.  I just think I must be missing something simple and right in front of my face.  Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Anthony

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2014 @ 07:42 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I ran two 1/4” cords to two different XLR jacks, and at the mixer converted back to 1/4” and into channel 15/16 on my Yamaha MG166CX.

? ? ?
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2014 @ 12:39 PM
pugetsoundgaspiping@yahoo.com
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-22-2014

I don’t know if I can explain it another way.  Let me first say that I am new to sound, and to keyboards, but I’m going to re-explain what I’ve done as thoroughly as I can.

I set up the Motif 8 on stage, I ran a 15’ 1/4” x XLR cable from the two outs (L/mono and R) on the back of the keyboard to two separate wall mounted xlr jacks.

When the cords reappear at the mixer board we converted them back from XLR to 1/4” with 5’ XLR to 1/4” cables, and into the L and R 1/4” inputs on my Yamaha MG166CX mixer in channel 15/16. (stereo channel). When I click the PFL on the mixer to look at the sound on the level meter, only the left side of the meter lights up properly.  The bottom light may light occasionally on the right side of the meter, but most of the time nothing. If anyone is familiar with this board, I’d love to know if I should be using a different channel, or if I’m running them into the wrong inputs.  I bounced them around to several different jacks, just trying different things, but I couldn’t get a different result.

If you have any questions back for me that I can answer I will do my best.  Thanks for all your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif 7 arpeggio not working - please help!!!
Next Topic:

Jordan Rudess lead ››