mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Where is the Motif XS catagory in the forum? I have a Motif XS question!!!"

Posted on: April 19, 2014 @ 03:14 PM
JLM
Total Posts:  76
Joined  11-26-2008

When I’m in voice or performance mode I hit the track button to pick what midi channel I want to tranmit on. However, when I hit the button again it doesn’t go back to the bank mode. It used to.
Can anyone tell me what’s wrong and have you had the same problem.
Is it a hardware problem?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2014 @ 03:30 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
JLM - 19 April 2014 03:14 PM

When I’m in voice or performance mode I hit the track button to pick what midi channel I want to tranmit on. However, when I hit the button again it doesn’t go back to the bank mode. It used to.

What happens if, after you select the MIDI channel, you press [PROGRAM}?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2014 @ 07:25 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

JLM, in response to your frustration over the disappearance of the XS Forum (As opposed to your specific question), if I were you I would feel free to post to the XF Forum to get some help...under the present circumstances.

You are in kind of a hit-or-miss no-man’s land here in the Lounge!

Fortunately 5pinDIN found your post!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2014 @ 08:21 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

When you press a numbered button [1]-[16] while the [TRACK] button is illuminated, it selects the MIDI channel not just in VOICE, and PERFORMANCE modes but in SONG and PATTERN, as well.

Exceptions include: if you reassigned a MIDI transmit channel for a Sequencer Track (Song/Pattern modes).
If you are in MASTER mode and have activated the Zone Switch - when ZONE is On, they determine the keyboard transmit channel(s).

Pressing it again never does anything but reselect your MIDI transmit channel
If the [PROGRAM] button is lit the right front panel buttons indicate the current BANK / GROUP / PROGRAM you have selected for VOICE and PERFORMANCE. If you are in SONG or PATTERN the GROUP A, B, C, D let you select four banks of 16 Songs or four banks of 16 Patterns.

There is no “bank mode”, if you meant the mode where you can select by Banks, that’s when [PROGRAM] is illuminated. Make sense?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2014 @ 12:40 AM
JLM
Joined  11-26-2008

When I’m in performance and/or voice mode on my MOX8 and my MO8...If I press the track button it allows me to change transmit midi channels, then when I press the track button again it takes me back to the mode I was in so that I can select a voice or performance, depending on what mode I’m in. I beleive that my Motif XS used to do the same thing, but now it will not toggle between midi transmit and program mode.
However thanks for the response.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2014 @ 06:18 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

When I’m in performance and/or voice mode on my MOX8 and my MO8...If I press the track button it allows me to change transmit midi channels, then when I press the track button again it takes me back to the mode I was in so that I can select a voice or performance, depending on what mode I’m in.

The MOX does not have, nor does the MO have a [PROGRAM] button.

The Motif XS/XF do have a [PROGRAM] button which when pressed turns OFF the [TRACK] select button… And vice versa.

Please understand the functions are exactly the same, the Motif XS cost more and has a different front panel interface if you notice. The MO and MOX are cost down units, one of the ways they cost it down, is by having less front panel buttons.

On the MOX there is no dedicated [PROGRAM] button, whose job it is to switch out of TRACK select function, and into the function that uses the right front panel to indicate Bank (Preset, User, GM, PDR, UDR), Group (A-H), and Program (1-16). (The MOX which was based on the Motif XS which increased the number of Banks etc.)

The older MO had the Bank/Group/Program layout but still had no [PROGRAM] select button. Again you deselected the Program function by pressing the Track Select function, but there was no dedicated [PROGRAM] button. This interface had to be abandoned when the Wave ROM and number of Voice Banks increased creating the cost down XS. The MO was a cost down version of the Motif ES, if you recall.

The Motif XS and XF both have dedicated [PROGRAM] buttons… It lights when pressed and changes the entire right front panel to its functions. Want to use it to change the current Keyboard Transmit Channel?Simply press [TRACK], now the numbered buttons represent the other function. Make sense?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2014 @ 12:16 PM
JLM
Joined  11-26-2008

I would to thank everyone for their reply.....I feel so stupid!!!!!

[ Ignore ]