mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "FC5 pedal to Start and Stop Songs on MX"

Posted on: April 14, 2014 @ 11:21 PM
davem96792
Total Posts:  33
Joined  09-06-2010

Aloha, On my Motif XF I use the FC5 to start and stop songs using the assignable input jack. I would like to use this on my new MX
to start and stop songs. Will this work using the Foot controller input on the MX. I only see references to using the FC7 pedal.
Is this possible and how would I set it up. Pg 67 of the reference manual implies that you have to use the sustain input jack, for start and stop. I would think most of us use a sustain pedal when playing piano patches.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2014 @ 07:53 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

One of the differences between the Motif XF and the MX is the XF had a dedicated Assignable FS jack. The MX does not… You have to select the function you wish to use for the FS jack.

Press [UTILITY]
Select 03: CONTROLLER
Select FS
FS = 64 Sustain is the default
Set it to other values for other assignable functions
FS = 97 Play/Stop

If you need the FS for Sustain, it is highly recommended that you use the dedicated [PLAY] and [STOP] buttons to control playback of your files. What is the reason you need to do it with a foot switch? If your hands are “busy” try programming enough measures out front of your music to accommodate your situation.

Tip: blank measures followed by a hihat or sidestick count-in works, and actually sounds ‘normal’ to your listening audience!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 21, 2014 @ 12:11 AM
davem96792
Total Posts:  33
Joined  09-06-2010

Mahalo Badmister At least now I know, hands it is.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Editing voice
Next Topic:

New MX 61 owner wants to use Reaper ››