mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif 7 arpeggio not working - please help!!!"

Posted on: April 11, 2014 @ 05:30 AM
dcrooner
Total Posts:  5
Joined  09-24-2010

Hi forum users… I have tried all of the suggestions at this forum
for creating & using the preset Arpeggios found in my Motif 7. Before I send it off for repair, I figured I’d seek your advice. Here is what I’m doing:
* go to mixing
* select part
* hit EDIT
* go to ARPEGGIO tab
* turn on SWITCH and HOLD
* select ARPEGGIO TYPE

* hit a note on the keyboard which will start the arpeggio
* now hit CATEGORY SEARCH
* move around in the list of arpeggios

When I hit the ARPEGGIO tab thru this Method I get NO SOUND at all,
turn it off...and my selected patch plays.

Yes. I get no sound when a key is depressed when the Arp switch ON. Every time I hit the EDIT button, then the COMMON button, then select the F3/ARPEGGIO button, turn the SWITCH and HOLD buttons to ON...I get NO sound. Turn the SWITCH and HOLD buttons from ON to OFF...I get Sound. Doesn’t matter which MODE I’m in: VOICE, or PERFORMANCE, SONG or PATTERN...NO SOUND...NO ARPEGGIO. And, Yes… I’m trying to ARPEGGIO a track already recorded using PRE1:001 [POWER GRAND]patch.

Any suggestions? Please, I need your advice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 11, 2014 @ 06:33 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Not all arpeggio Type are the same. And it does matter which KEY MODE is set and whether the arpeggio Type you have selected can be used by the Key Mode.

If the arpeggio Type is a “Controller” Type arpeggio, there is nothing to hear, as Controller Arpeggios only send control data, not Note data. So not all arpeggios send note-on events.

Also arpeggios require Internal MIDI clock or they require external clock to provide tempo. If you are set to an external clock source make sure the external device is actively set to send clock to the Motif via MIDI, and make sure the clock is running.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 12, 2014 @ 12:25 PM
dcrooner
Total Posts:  5
Joined  09-24-2010

setting MIDI Sync to “internal or mtc fixed my problem Bad Mister- Thanks!

[ Ignore ]