mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "saving song voice, volume edits on ES"

Posted on: April 06, 2014 @ 04:25 PM
zymes
Total Posts:  13
Joined  02-20-2004

Motif ES - For some reason the song voice and volume edits are not sticking.  when I make the edits I save to DRAMM and save to my drive using ALL.  When I load up the song again, it seems to load with the proper settings but then resets/changes the edits to original setting when the play button is pressed.

any thoughts are welcomed.

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 06, 2014 @ 06:33 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

any thoughts are welcomed.

Data in the tracks overrides data stored in the MIXING setup. MIDI is serial, meaning commands come in specific order. You recall your Song, the initial settings are recalled. You then press play, the commands in the track data immediately change your stored settings.

Say you store the Volume of a Part at a value of 107, when you recall the Song that Part is set to 107. You press play and in measure 1 a cc007 message tells that Part to change volumes to 92, well guess what? It changes to 92, the last or latest command will override what you stored.

You store you mix with Part 12 set to “Sweet Flute”, but in measure 1 a Program Change message tells Part 12 to switch to “Vintage’74”, guess what? Part 12 follows the most recent command.

This is MIDI in action. It’s called a sequencer because event occur in sequence, one after the other…

If the data is not your own, the original author may have placed a GM RESET command in the data, you will know because as soon as you press play, all sounds briefly change to “Concert Grand” piano (except part 10) which changes to GM Drums, before the the author’s Program Changes take over and switch all the sounds to their selections.

Again a standard MIDI function.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2014 @ 05:23 AM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

test

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2014 @ 05:42 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
admin - 09 April 2014 05:23 AM

test

Reading you loud and clear, at this time.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Pitch Bend and Modulation Wheels
Next Topic:

Motifator search not working.... ››