mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pitch Shift Voices without Computer"

Posted on: April 06, 2014 @ 10:14 AM
simon@gillbee.com
Total Posts:  1
Joined  04-06-2014

It is possible to pitch shift individual voices and save these changes without resorting to PC/laptop hookup via USB?

What would be really nice would be to assign pitch shift to one of the two programmable assign knobs, but I can’t figure out how.

Each week I need to set up a bank of voices and since I often play from various music parts in C, Eb, and Bb (sometimes in the same song) I compensate by pre-programming different pitched voices (-2, +3, +10, etc) which I can quickly switch to. This is easy enough to do with a laptop, but somewhat time consuming.

Are there are hints you guys may have for programming and saving these pitch shifted voices from the front panel?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 06, 2014 @ 11:21 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Welcome to the Forums!

It is possible to pitch shift individual voices and save these changes without resorting to PC/laptop hookup via USB?

Yes, of course it is. The parameter you are looking for is a PART parameter, called NOTE SHIFT.

From your Multi
Press [EDIT]
Select the PART 1-16
Select “PLAY MODE”
Cursor to page 2 of 4 and select NOTE SHIFT
Set it to the value you need
STORE your MULTI

There is no cc Message that can be assigned to change PART parameters, sorry, that is not how that works.

If you can’t preset the Note shift necessary on your controller (for example, Yamaha synthesizers when acting in MASTER mode allow you to set the Transpose functions per program - even control this in real time); instead you can setup several PARTS of your MULTI to the same VOICE with the different NOTE SHIFTs that you require and then just simply change the Transmit Channel of your controller (assuming it lets you change transmit channels “on the fly”.

For example, a piano NOTE SHIFT = +0 in PART 1
the same piano NOTE SHIFT = +3 in PART 2
the same piano NOTE SHIFT = +10 in PART 3

Without knowing what you are using as a controller, (or its capabilities, or lack thereof) we cannot really offer much more than this - typically this change would be a function of your Master Keyboard Controller (not the tone generator).

[ Ignore ]