mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Problem with Motif Racks Xs Usb"

Posted on: April 03, 2014 @ 03:26 PM
Nicola69
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-03-2014

Hi, sorry for my english, I’m writing from Italy.My setup is: Windows 7 Sp1 64 bit, Motif rack XS with cable usb, Yamaha cp300, an external interface audio M-Audio firewire 400, and Magix Studio Samplitude 2014.I downloaded Usb to midi 3.1.3, Yamaha Steinberg Driver 1.5.2, Motif Rack XS Editor 1.3.0 and Studio Manager 2.3.1 and I installed them.
The problem is that in control panel of windows when I launch the icon “Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver” appear the message: control panel could not launched” and when I use the motif as standalone (utility>midi>usb)not working.How can I configure all?

Ths Nicola

Image Attachments
Midi setting.jpgSetup Modify workspace.jpgSetup.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2014 @ 04:42 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Welcome to the forums. As far as we can tell you have many wrong things.

The problem is that in control panel of windows when I launch the icon “Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver” appear the message: control panel could not launched”

You do NOT need the “Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver” (You are not using FW from the Motif-Rack XS).

Motif rack XS with cable usb

You are using the Motif-Rack XS connected to your computer via USB.
You will be using the Motif-Rack XS via USB-MIDI Driver 3.1.3 (64-bit) = OK
You will be using the CP300 via the same USB-MIDI Driver 3.1.3 (64-bit) or you can connect the CP300 via a MIDI cables to the Motif-Racks XS’s MIDI ports.

You will NOT need “Studio Manager” - the new version of the EDITOR runs without Studio Manager.

You will be using the “Motif-Rack XS Editor Standalone/VST version V1.6.3”
Please download this new version of the Motif-Rack XS Editor - it no longer requires Studio Manager…

http://download.yamaha.com

Find this new Motif Rack XS Editor Standalone/VST version 1.6.3 listed under SOFTWARE.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2014 @ 04:06 AM
Nicola69
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-03-2014

Hi Bad Mister, thanks for support but not working
On line when I download Motif-Rack XS Editor Standalone/VST version V1.6.3 under the screen means: “you will need also Driver for FW Steinberg 1.65” but also don’t working.
I enclose both screen

Thanks
Nic

Image Attachments
Setting 1.jpgSetting 2.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2014 @ 11:57 AM
Lone Star
Total Posts:  19
Joined  05-17-2012

If your CP300’s MIDI OUT is connected to the Rack XS’s MIDI IN, then the editor MIDI KB In should be set to Motif-R XS-3, and your Rack XS MIDI IN/OUT (UTILITY ->MIDI section) should be set to USB.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ need help with motif rack xs firewire
Next Topic:

Pitch Shift Voices without Computer ››