mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase AI6 - found a problem on Mac OS X 10.9.2"

Posted on: April 02, 2014 @ 02:25 PM
YorkshireLakeside
Total Posts:  46
Joined  06-15-2013

Cubase AI6 works on the latest Mac OS X, but it doesn’t close down well if EQ, insert plugins showing or mixer windows are left open…

We need a fix Steinberg please :)

- I’m happy with all the features I have in AI6, I just expect it to work on the latest Mac OS. It’s obvious you don’t want to support that version anymore so just give us the Cubase AI7 anyway (It’s not like it costs you anything - but I would expect the software to be updated for the life of the MX - it’s not that old and was sold as a package!)

Cheer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2014 @ 04:15 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Unlikely that Mr. Steinberg will be seeing this in the MX forum. Why not log into your MySteinberg Account and drop them a message directly. Then come back and report to the forum… Thanks. We’d all appreciate that.

It’s obvious you don’t want to support that version anymore so just give us the Cubase AI7 anyway (It’s not like it costs you anything - but I would expect the software to be updated for the life of the MX - it’s not that old and was sold as a package!)

Just a friendly suggestion, leave that part out so they don’t think you’re crazy or out of touch with reality… Sounds like you don’t know what your talking about… Everything costs something dude. Everything.

:-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2014 @ 10:44 PM
YorkshireLakeside
Joined  06-15-2013
Bad_Mister - 02 April 2014 04:15 PM

Unlikely that Mr. Steinberg will be seeing this in the MX forum. Why not log into your MySteinberg Account and drop them a message directly. Then come back and report to the forum… Thanks. We’d all appreciate that.

It’s obvious you don’t want to support that version anymore so just give us the Cubase AI7 anyway (It’s not like it costs you anything - but I would expect the software to be updated for the life of the MX - it’s not that old and was sold as a package!)

Just a friendly suggestion, leave that part out so they don’t think you’re crazy or out of touch with reality… Sounds like you don’t know what your talking about… Everything costs something dude. Everything.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2014 @ 11:12 PM
YorkshireLakeside
Joined  06-15-2013

I’ve logged it with Steinberg and will let you know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2014 @ 02:19 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Appreciate it.

The AI version is create by Steinberg for Yamaha purchasers (you don’t get it with anything but a Yamaha purchase), it comes with special key features from the top the line version. It is provided as a advertisement specifically to entice interest in the full version. Coming off like you deserve an “upgrade” to the newer AI version… No one will “get” what your thinking about. They will think you missed the rather obvious, unabashed attempt, to whet your appetite to actually purchase the FULL VERSION. Yes, they are interested in making money (that should not be a shock).

The idea is to get you an idea of what the real thing is like… The difference between AI and the full version is tremendous, (that’s why it cost money!!!!) let them know you are aware. Demanding a new version of the free copy would just not be taken seriously probably not even understood. If something is not working in your version, they tirelessly continue to support older versions (so they certainly would not appreciate the comment about abandoning them) yikes! Didn’t they recently post a patch for AI6 owners?

Are you enjoying Cubase?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2014 @ 09:17 AM
YorkshireLakeside
Joined  06-15-2013

This is the reply I got:

“Dear Mr. X

Thank you for your email.

6.0.7 is the latest and final version of the Cubase 6 family.
It is not supported for OSX 10.9.x and there will be no hotfix for this issue.

Best regards,

Jan Neddermann”

I’m worried about new buyers of the product now as this could be seen as false advertising under the Trades Description Act UK - To me this was a version sold with the Yamaha MX49 not a trial. It was a fully working version and now it’s not… This is just how I see it as a customer. It does what I need it to do and there is no way I can afford the full version. This as someone at entry level… basically it tells me that Steinberg are not really interested in me anymore… so much for helping others on Facebook community.

The version I had of Cubase “Was” absolutely fantastic for what I wanted it to do… So, technically I was right in that it will not be supported anymore… does that mean the new MX’s are sold and get the new AI7 version???
I never demanded AI7 I just thought that (from a development point of view) it is easier to release the newer version to keep things simple.

Is my MX fit for purpose anymore for me???
Not now because I use Cubase all the time but that doesn’t mean I can just spend some more cash to buy the next version. Can I use other DAW’s - maybe but they are not as fully supported as Cubase.

I’m very sad at this news and feel let down.

:(

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2014 @ 09:58 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Yes, so now you’ve heard it from the source. And yes new Yamaha keyboards now come with AI7, as series 6 is history. We know you have a computer, so none of this is news to you. Newer versions is standard operating procedure… Eventually software moves on. But what about the specific issue?

Cubase AI6 works on the latest Mac OS X, but it doesn’t close down well if EQ, insert plugins showing or mixer windows are left open…

I still have AI6 and cannot duplicate your issue, at all. So what, if anything, did they say about EQ, insert plug-ins, and the mixer showing when you shut down causing an issue?

Did you mention which insert effects (manufacturer)?
And which EQ is active during the problem?
The Mixer is never a problem - so we’ll just eliminate that from the discussion.

Your next step is to make a report on the plug-ins that are causing the issue. You do realize that plug-ins can come from different companies, each with their own developers. But this is all computer-use 101. It could very well be that your plug-in is not compatible with Mavericks… (Be honest: did you even check?)

When you update your computer’s operating system, it is only wise to consider every program, every plug-in, everything that is important to you, make sure it can use this new OS. Any assumption to the contrary is really on you. If you are interested in pursuing this we’d be happy to assist you. Every problem has a cause… Even if there is not a solution.

You may find out that the same plug-in causes an issue in the next version, even in the full version… I mean if the plug-in is not compatible with Mavericks and causes an issue, why wouldn’t it also cause the same issue in a newer version of Cubase, see what I’m saying...?

Please describe your issue with detail, we’ll see if we can reproduce it. So far we have not been able to, there is a very remote possibility, (very remote) it could be pilot error, as well. Just saying… Unless your willing to go on record as never having made an error.

Let us know if you’d like to dig deeper or not… You updated your OS, right, and the problems began, correct?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2014 @ 10:17 AM
YorkshireLakeside
Joined  06-15-2013

Excellent news on finally getting confirmation for new buyers… you are doing the right thing including Cubase AI7. Why did it take so long to get an answer?

Hopefully it will be a plugin - but I only use one… I will check this and let you know - I would rather Cubase AI6 work than not. Yes, I have considered plugins - hopefully Cubase will handle plugin crashes better in the future ;)

If I’m wrong, I’m wrong and I will take back everything - it’s good that I do this as I like to keep people informed and offer solutions rather than asking for cash… I do this for fun and for FREE.

Appreciate your help as always and I will get back to you.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Bitwig Studio 1.0 - Tested with MX49/MX61?
Next Topic:

Editing voice ››