mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Expression Pedal in Performance Mode"

Posted on: March 29, 2014 @ 12:02 PM
cabmanguffy
Total Posts:  16
Joined  04-08-2012

I am trying to control the volume on part 2 of my performance by way of my FC7 expression pedal and in doing so , ensure that part 1 is not affected by my pedal.In my performasnce , I EDIT , Then Press PART ,F5 RECIEVE SWITCH , SF6 1PART , TURN FC1 (& 2 ) OFF but nothing happens ? The exprssion pedal still affects the volume of bothe parts ??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2014 @ 12:25 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
cabmanguffy - 29 March 2014 12:02 PM

I am trying to control the volume on part 2 of my performance by way of my FC7 expression pedal and in doing so , ensure that part 1 is not affected by my pedal.In my performasnce , I EDIT , Then Press PART ,F5 RECIEVE SWITCH , SF6 1PART , TURN FC1 (& 2 ) OFF but nothing happens ? The exprssion pedal still affects the volume of bothe parts ??

You need to de-select (turn off) Expression for the desired PART.

See the bottom of page 69 of the MOX Reference Manual for the Exp (Expression) parameter listing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2014 @ 05:53 PM
cabmanguffy
Joined  04-08-2012

Yes .I have tried deselecting everything in Part Edit F5 Rcv Sw but it doesn’t respond to the instruction . Is there something else preventing this implementation ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2014 @ 09:46 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You were instructed to just unmark EXPRESSION, not try everything. The FC1/FC2 options will only work if you’ve selected a non-fixed function Control Change number for that device.
If your FOOT CONTROLLER 1 is set to cc011 Expression, this is a fixed function control change for performing volume. Is your FC1 set to send cc011? Please check:
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F4] CTL ASN
Press [SF1] ASSIGN
What is FC1 set to?
Set it to 11 Expression.

Now let’s try it on a Factory PERFORMANCE, rather than one you’ve programmed and see if it works. I’ve dealt with customers who have set Expression to zero then unmarked the item and wonder what happened to the sound ...so to eliminate any programming errors let’s test your pedal on something that is known.

Set the FC7 pedal to the toe down position (max)

Call up USER 1:044(C12) Clavi Jam
Press [EDIT]
Press numbered button [1]
Press [F5] RCV SW
Cursor down and simply set EXP = OFF for PART 1
Now as you work the FC7 pedal to the heel down position all Parts should go silent except the Drums.

Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2014 @ 03:43 PM
cabmanguffy
Joined  04-08-2012

Thanks , problem solved . My FC1 was assigned to volume in [UTILITY] . It works a treat now !

[ Ignore ]