mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Noise in S90XS L/R output jacks"

Posted on: March 26, 2014 @ 05:10 PM
michaelharren
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-26-2014

I just noticed recently that there is some noise coming from my output jacks on my S90XS. I’ve tried swapping cables and tested same cables with another synth (DSI Mopho X4) and I don’t get any noise at all. It’s not a tremendous amount of noise, but it is annoying and makes it impossible to get a clean recording. I don’t think I have changed anything.

I’ve also tried plugging the S90 XS into different power strips to no avail.

Is there something I am missing? I have attached a sample of the noise clipped from a recording I was trying to work on today.

Thanks!

File Attachments
S90 Noise.mp3  (File Size: 41KB - Downloads: 572)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2014 @ 05:48 PM
michaelharren
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-26-2014

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Could my s90XS need repair? I just bought a power conditioner in hopes that that would solve the problem but it’s still doing it. Any suggestions or thoughts? Bad Mister?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2014 @ 10:12 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

It’s not Bad Mister making the noise. :-)

Noise could be caused by any one or more of the following:
__ A computer connected to the S90 XS (but we’re sure you would have mentioned if you were connected to one). If you forgot to mention one, try disconnecting the USB cable to see if the noise disappears immediately.

__ The MIC INPUT left ON with the Volume up and no load connected. When not using the A/D INPUT, be sure to turn its channel Off and lower the Gain knob.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Adding sound effects? Sampling?
Next Topic:

Which yamaha synth has the best piano sound? ››