mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "sampling sounds from other keyboards to Yamaha XF"

Posted on: March 19, 2014 @ 05:16 PM
arteen
Total Posts:  18
Joined  01-13-2007

Hi…
i used to have a roland Fantom G. there was like multisampling feature which allows you to sample sounds from other keyboards to your fantom after sampling like middle C. and High C and down C then just link it to the whole keys of the keyboard…
my question…

does the Motif have the same feature ..i hope it does cause i ordered one ? and if there is how can it be done cause i don’t see many vedios about the Xf on line ...thanx

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2014 @ 02:55 AM
jshep0102
Total Posts:  290
Joined  11-16-2012

Motif XF and MOXF have flash cards you can add samples to, but no sampling at the keyboard. XF can hold 2 boards (2048 MB) and MOXF holds 1 board 1024 MB). 512 MB boards are also available.

Edit - I didn’t watch what I was typing. i meant to say ‘ no sampling at the MOXF keyboard’. Oops, sorry.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2014 @ 03:16 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The Motif XF (unlike the MOXF) has full sampling capability.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2014 @ 03:27 AM
Way_ne
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  01-26-2003
jshep0102 - 20 March 2014 02:55 AM

Motif XF and MOXF have flash cards you can add samples to, but no sampling at the keyboard.

Motif XF owners are going to be surprised to learn this.

OP, posting in the MoXF forum suggests that is the model you’ve ordered, but there is sometimes confusion between the Motif XF and MoXF, so it would help if you would confirm so things can be on the same page before going any further.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2014 @ 03:44 AM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010

Right, you can sample directly on the Motif XF, not on the MOXF. But if you install the flash card, either allows you to store samples that you have assembled via computer. So the OP can do what he wants on either board, it’s just a matter of whether he also needs to use a computer. Even people who have a Motif XF often find it beneficial to assemble their samples on computer regardless. For sampling sounds from other keyboards, there are tools specifically designed to make that easier, like Sample Robot and Extreme Sample Converter. Other useful tools could be John Melas’ Wave Editor and Chicken Systems’ Motif Creator.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2014 @ 09:25 PM
arteen
Total Posts:  18
Joined  01-13-2007

thank you everybody...yes i have (or today it will be home) the Motif xf. it’s important for me cause i need to add some oriental sounds to it (arabicc ,turkish,Armenian,indian etc...) just in case are there ready samples for this Gener of music for the Motif xf that’s been realesed by Yamaha motifator? i wasn’t here since i sold my Motif es four years ago and now i’m back...thanx

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2014 @ 11:26 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
arteen - 20 March 2014 09:25 PM

thank you everybody...yes i have (or today it will be home) the Motif xf. it’s important for me cause i need to add some oriental sounds to it (arabicc ,turkish,Armenian,indian etc...) just in case are there ready samples for this Gener of music for the Motif xf that’s been realesed by Yamaha motifator? i wasn’t here since i sold my Motif es four years ago and now i’m back...thanx

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/471503/

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Copy effects from voice to performance?
Next Topic:

MOXF arp patterns ››