mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF CUBASE AND Windows XP?"

Posted on: March 18, 2014 @ 05:07 AM
partyband
Total Posts:  39
Joined  01-02-2014

I have an old laptop with Cubase 5 which I use for live audio/midi playback, with a separate audio/midi card.

The laptop has Windows XP.

Would it work with the MOXF and Cubase as well? I could not see any specific driver.

Second questions: would ANY Cubase version work or is there a specific version compatible with MOXF?

Thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2014 @ 02:42 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Cubase 5 dates back to 2009 (that’s an elephant age in software world), Windows XP dates back to, well, the stone age in computer terms (2001)… You may find that you’re system will no longer run the newer software and drivers for the MOXF (2013), sorry.

On the Windows side of things the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver (required to use the MOXF with a computer) and the MOXF6/MOX8 REMOTE TOOLS have the following warning and System Requirements:

System Requirements
Windows 7 SP1 / Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit)*

DAW Application:
Cubase 7 series

Others:
These system requirements conform to those of the DAW applications and OS.

* Operation is not guaranteed in the Windows XP mode on Windows XP mode equipped with Windows 7 or the Boot Camp partition on Mac OS.
----------------------------------------------------------------

You may want to look into updating both your Software and your Operating System… what a message like that actually means is they are recommending you update, because there are enough differences in the computer OS that behavior is not guaranteed, this does not mean it will not work, ...just that it may misbehave.

your mileage will vary.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2014 @ 03:47 AM
partyband
Total Posts:  39
Joined  01-02-2014
Bad_Mister - 18 March 2014 02:42 PM

You may want to look into updating both your Software and your Operating System… what a message like that actually means is they are recommending you update, because there are enough differences in the computer OS that behavior is not guaranteed, this does not mean it will not work, ...just that it may misbehave.
your mileage will vary.

ok… sigh :-(((

I will go for something new…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2014 @ 05:19 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You’ll thank yourself… And having missed the entire Vista and Windows 7 eras, you’ll not even recognize Windows… :-)

Computers and software, you don’t buy, you subscribe!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Simple Drumbeat
Next Topic:

Copy effects from voice to performance? ››