mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif Midi in doesnt work…. Please help!"

Posted on: March 17, 2014 @ 02:02 PM
felx256
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-17-2014

Hey,

I just bought a used Motif Rack Tone Generator from ebay.
But when i plugin my Masterkeyboard (SL990 pro) it just doesn´t work and i dont know why (SL990, Midicable and my headphones are working fine with my Interface and Laptop).
I can listen to demos, so its not a Output-Problem.
Besides the demos i just dont get any sounds out of it.
Is there any way to check on the motif-rack if hes receiving any midi-datas from my masterkeyboard?

Thanks,

Felx

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2014 @ 02:05 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Welcome to the Forums!

Press [UTILITY]
Use the [<]/[>] cursor arrows to navigate to the [MIDI] screen; Use the UP/DOWN cursor arrows to select the “MIDI IN/OUT” parameter. You can select “MIDI” or “USB” depending on how you connect to the Motif Rack.

“MIDI” is the setting that must be used when connecting to a keyboard via a MIDI cable
“USB” is he setting that must be used when connecting to a computer via USB and using the Motif-Rack’s MIDI interface capability.

Is there any way to check on the motif-rack if hes receiving any midi-datas from my masterkeyboard?

The Motif Rack’s mode light ([VOICE] or [MULTI]) will flash in response to incoming MIDI signal when set to recieve MIDI. Naturally you will need to match MIDI channels in order for the receive Part or Voice to generate sound, and naturally the audio outputs of the unit must be connected to a quality sound system.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2014 @ 06:03 AM
felx256
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-17-2014

Hey,

I think at the beginning my problem was, that my page cursors sometimes don´t really work. And I didnt know about it.
But in end the,just like you said, i just had to to change from USB to MIDI.
Sorry for the dumb question but thanks for the nice answer.

Felx256

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Midi keyboard controller for Motif Rack
Next Topic:

Yamaha PLG-150 AP Review ››