mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pedal wah ?"

Posted on: March 03, 2014 @ 06:47 PM
aussie_chicago
Total Posts:  8
Joined  12-26-2013

Ok, Ive read through the manual, but for the life of me, I cannot get the vcm pedal wah to operate. I want to use a voice like hollow clav, and assign the pedal wah effect to it. I have a FC7 as a volume pedal, and want to be able to have the volume pedal act like a wah pedal for that voice only, and maybe be able to have the volume pedal do other things for other voices, like controlling attack on a brass patch or similar.Do I have to have the volume pedal set globally, or can it be set to do different things for different voices? Any of the voices that use pedal wah, I cannot get to operate, any suggestions ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2014 @ 08:21 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

You need a second foot pedal, connected to the Foot Controller 2 jack on the back.
Then assign wah control to “FC2”, in the “Cntrol Set” page. To access the control set
page, select VOICE, then press COMMON button. You’ll see that one of the SF buttons
will access the “Ctrl Set’ page.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2014 @ 08:28 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

I don’t own a MOXF, but I believe it only has one FC jack...which can act as either a FC1 (Expression) or FC2 (Assignable), but not both at the same time...but I could be incorrect of course!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2014 @ 09:30 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Correct. With the MOXF’s is an either/or situation, globally. You must choice either a fixed function use, or an assignable function use for the pedal. If you opt for the fixed function it will always control Volume. If you opt for the assignable option then you will/must assign it in each Voice, as necessary, where you wish to use it.

As we say: the good news is its assignable, the bad news is you have to assign it.... Here’s how it works:

Either you set the Foot Controller as FC1 which is fixed to send cc011 Expression, by default.
Or you set the Foot Controller as FC2 which is sending cc004, by default, which is assignable to any of 101 Destinations within the MOXF Voice architecture.

You would opt to use the pedal globally as an Expression pedal (at all times) if that suits your situation. This is how the MOXF defaults out of the box. FC1= cc011 Expression. Expression will ALWAYS affect Volume!!!

However, if you are into having the pedal do different things on different Voices, you would opt to set the pedal to send cc004 Foot Control (which is generic) FOOT CONTROL has not fixed function and is assignable - now the pedal’s destination is programmable/assignable on a per Voice basis. This option means if you want to use it as a volume control you will need to program that Voice so cc004 controls Volume as the Destination within that Voice’s Control Set.  This will also allow you on other Voices to use the pedal to be a Wah-Wah when that is called for, as an example

The method to make the pedal an assignable device on a per Voice basis
Go to [UTILITY] > [F4] CTL ASN (Controller Assign) > [SF1] ASSIGN
Set FC1 = cc004 FOOT CONTROL

By setting the FC1 device to the same number as the FC2 device assignment, it becomes “FC2”.
Now the Voice where FC2 is setup as a wah, will work. And you can look in that Voice’s CONTROL SET to see how this was accomplished - the pedal is assigned to an available parameter within the INSERTION EFFECT (one of the 101 possible Destinations).

If on another Voice you want to use it to control Volume, you would need to go to the Voice’s CONTROL SET, and assign it to the “Volume” parameter destination! And then bias the Voice’s VOLUME to control position of the pedal:
Press [EDIT]
Press [COMMON]
Press [F4] CTL SET
set the SOURCE = FC2, and the DESTINATION = volume, set the DEPTH = +32
and then set the main OUTPUT level of the Voice = 0
Press [F2] OUTPUT to access the Voices main Output level, by setting it to 0 the position of the pedal will match the output level. Heel down = 0 volume, a Toe down = maximum volume

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2014 @ 09:27 AM
aussie_chicago
Total Posts:  8
Joined  12-26-2013

Thanks, I will try this out today. Sounds like I have to do a lot of changing of each voice, as the majority of control will be volume, but for a handful of voices, it will be an effect like wah.I wish we could leave it set to volume and just change per voice if you want something different, but I guess I need a motif for that.

[ Ignore ]