mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "01x + 01x"

Posted on: March 02, 2014 @ 05:45 AM
egon
Total Posts:  4
Joined  10-07-2005

Hello,
My system is as old as I am (60+), but I love it! (01x, i88, motif rack, Logic 9 and OSX 10.7)
This system works without problem. Now, I want to add one more 01x. I tried to modified my Graphic Patchbay by myself, sorry, it don´t works - probably I´m to old.
If it will works, can I have 2 SM editors opened?
Someone who have an idea?

/Eugen

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2014 @ 08:01 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

In theory you can set each 01X and its Studio Manager Editor to different Device Numbers. A Device Number allows multiple devices of the same MODEL to be used and each can be communicated with independently… Again in theory 8 01Xs could exist on a system… However, that is theoretical.

Whether or not computers today can handle that many audio channels via the old mLAN driver is anybody’s guess. I recommend you contact Yamaha customer support in your area and put in a query. (They may have to do some research for you, as you are in uncharted territory due to ancient nature of the driver). I have no way of testing anything any more with the now discontinued mLAN specification.

The problem you would have had back in 2003-2007, would be having the computer receive all those audio channels without running out of resources. But setting separate DEVICE NUMBERS would work so you can address each 01X separately.

I’m not sure why, but computer makers did not want to persue the music networking as implemented in the mLAN system… Perhaps it was that, once configured, the network ran even without a computer being present that posed a threat.

Let us know what you find out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2014 @ 09:31 AM
egon
Joined  10-07-2005

Great, thanks for your answer. I understand that my problem is a little bit odd. Your right, my computer, an Imac, shouldn´t have problem with all the audio channels to handle. I have to laborate with Mlan GP and find out how to connect all devices.
I´ll be back soon, thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2014 @ 02:23 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Oh, I don’t doubt computers are more powerful today, but this has little to do with whether or not they can access the resources via the old driver. Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 15, 2014 @ 01:59 PM
egon
Joined  10-07-2005

I´m near to give up - is it possible at all to run two 01x side by side? Even if I switch my Imac to 32 mode the drivers don´t work properly.
I´ve made 2 partitions to get ability to run OSX 10.6 but i`m not sure if I have to install the latest drivers or other (older).
In AMS I can se a double sized Mlan Network but audio in/out in Logic don´t works (only stereo out and 1/2 in are active)
In Studio Manager I have only 1 icon (one 01x) so I can use only 1 editor. I can´t use the second 01x at all.
My local support (in Sweden) can´t help me because they can´t Yamaha 01x (”….what is this?”)
I know - why to have two 01x when one is enough. My productions are sometimes so big that it would be great to have ”a big mixer” to work with.
Hmm…my life was a little bit easier before the purchase and it´s so hard to give up.
Someone there out with a ”big idea” ?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Triggering ARPs
Next Topic:

Sequencing with LPX ››