mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Triggering ARPs"

Posted on: March 01, 2014 @ 09:38 PM
jerrydpi
Total Posts:  973
Joined  11-03-2012

Hi guys!

I can trigger/play Addictive Drums (with ARP) from the Performance on my new (actually used) MOXF8.

However, when I am playing the Bass line on the lower keys I’m triggering different drums within the kit.

How do I allow the MOXF to play the ARPs but keep the keyboard from triggering the drums?

AND

Still be able to play my EP on the upper two thirds of the keyboard?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2014 @ 09:55 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

From a previous post......

If you want a PART to play only in response to the arpeggiator, you must turn the ARP PLAY ONLY parameter ON. When you press ARP ON /OFF it is quite normal, of course, for the sound of the instrument you have selected to play in response to pressing the keys. There is nothing unusual about this behavior.

If the sound is drums, you don’t want it layered with the other sounds, so set the ARP PLAY ON = ON
Press [EDIT]
Press the PART [1]-[4] to select Part Edit parameters
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [SF2] MODE
Set ARP PLAY ONLY = ON for the Drums
Press [STORE]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2014 @ 11:35 PM
jerrydpi
Joined  11-03-2012

But it is set to on.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2014 @ 03:46 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

However, when I am playing the Bass line on the lower keys I’m triggering different drums within the kit

Er, within which Kit???
Is your question is about Addictive Drums or the Drums in the XF?

If you are talking about the external drums, (we’ve been over that ... Some time late last year...) Don’t expect you to remember but if you were making notes, it’s in your notes.

The keys you press on the keyboard and the notes generated by an arpeggio look the same to your external DAW. How would it know if they are from you touching the keys or the arpeggiator pattern? Answer it doesn’t. To your DAW they just look like MIDI notes coming in.

Remember you have to separate your trigger notes from the notes generated by the arps.
Question: On what MIDI channel are transmitting the drum arps?
Question: Can you, and if you can, what MIDI channel do you have your computer drums set to receive.

What YOU are playing is NOT what you want to trigger the Addictive Drums, you want the brilliant stuff coming from the XF arpeggiator.

Again, if you know Logic you can either set a different MIDI channel to receive the drums, or you can filter the MIDI channel of your notes used to trigger the bass. Either way, you need to know how to route MIDI in your DAW.

(Of course, if you record the Performance to the XF’s own sequencer you don’t have to worry about any of this, but we’ve been through that several times....)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2014 @ 09:35 AM
jerrydpi
Joined  11-03-2012
Bad_Mister - 02 March 2014 03:46 AM

However, when I am playing the Bass line on the lower keys I’m triggering different drums within the kit

Er, within which Kit???
Is your question is about Addictive Drums or the Drums in the XF?

Addictive Drums.

Question: On what MIDI channel are transmitting the drum arps?

MIDI Channel 1.

Question: Can you, and if you can, what MIDI channel do you have your computer drums set to receive.

Great question! The Channel Strip of the Addictive Drums Software Track says MIDI Channel 1, but I’ve yet to find out if that means Addictive Drums are set to receive on MIDI Channel 1.

(Of course, if you record the Performance to the XF’s own sequencer you don’t have to worry about any of this, but we’ve been through that several times....)

Teacher, I can’t EVER recall you telling me to do that :)

Jerry

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Triggering ARPs
Next Topic:

01x + 01x ››