mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Vinyl Skin project for XF"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: March 07, 2014 @ 06:47 AM
mikebengel
Total Posts:  86
Joined  03-16-2013

To funny.  I used that same Motif image when I was first laying out different designs.  I think the white cover would need a whole paint job.  It still looks good.  I’ll see what I can come up with to match the image i’m envisioning.

MotifXF-Vinyl_Skin_2.jpg

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2014 @ 07:04 AM
Mutiny in Jonestown
Total Posts:  253
Joined  02-13-2012

The pix you just posted look fantastic.  So I was reading your initial post and am curious...they sent you the photoshop image of the vinyl and then how did you get your space design on it?  Did they print it on there from your jpg or did you print out the design yourself and place it under the vinyl?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2014 @ 08:15 AM
mikebengel
Total Posts:  86
Joined  03-16-2013

Yeah...alot I could explain here.  You can edit simple designs from their web browser interface.  But it’s far more accurate if you just order a completely blank design and write in the comments to send me the photoshop template.  Like I probably already said, sorry.

So the template is a photoshop image/file with 3 layers.
1st - Keyboard (Image of the whole keyboard with buttons and knobs that will be cutout after they print it up)
2nd - Text Layer(for the labeling which I didn’t use)
3rd - Your Art Here!

The keyboard layer is the template you use to align everything up for the cutout knobs, buttons and edges.  Underneath that layer you create all you artwork on another layer.  I probably had over 50 layers underneath this by the time I was done.  Then merged all my art layers down to a single layer and named it the same as their 3rd layer,"Your Art Here!”. Then made Hidden, the 1st layer (Keyboard) so all you see is the design.

Then saved it as a photoshop file, compressed and emailed.

They explained any details that were needed when I got the link to download the template.  My words seam complicating but it was pretty simple really, if you have a little understanding with photoshop. 
I discovered all kinds of shortcut keys and workflow in photoshop I didn’t know about.  For instance.  Images stretch or scaled can lose resolution.  For that I right click on the layer and select [ Convert To Smart Object ].  Now it will reference the image from a separate raw image file that remains inside your photoshop project.  Now any style or changes you want to make to the image are non volatile.  If you want to change something permanent, Right Click on the layer(smart object) and select [ Edit Contents ].  It opens up the image in a tab.  Once your changes are made in that tab you simple press CONTROL S for save and it will update the image on your project.

Sorry if that got to long.  I thought it might be relevant since the MOTIF XF7 is a large surface to put a image on.  One of the images I used was a desktop image for spanning across multiple monitors.  That way I knew it would have good enough resolution.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Transfer .wav from usb to song
Next Topic:

Transfer a .wav file ››