mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "motif2text App For Mac Released"

Page 2 of 3
Posted on: February 28, 2014 @ 09:03 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Thank you Vikas. I had to get a helper.
With the Macbook Pro (10.8.5) we encountered the security issues and resolved that in the security pane. Could not get the app to open. Perhaps tomorrow will yield better results, after studying your advice.

Would it be necessary to upgrade to 10.9 to function the app?
Truly appreciate all your efforts and patience.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2014 @ 09:52 PM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010
stoneb3 - 28 February 2014 09:03 PM

Perhaps tomorrow will yield better results, after studying your advice.

Hopefully.

Would it be necessary to upgrade to 10.9 to function the app?

I don’t think so although feedback from others would be helpful as I’ve no way of confirming this.

Truly appreciate all your efforts and patience.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2014 @ 06:55 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

On a MacBook Pro running 10.6.8 when I launch the app I get the “quit unexpectedly” error.

On an iMac running 10.7.5 I get the same error.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2014 @ 08:36 AM
RobinVT
Total Posts:  210
Joined  01-16-2012

I tried again,Vikas, but it still doesn’t open.  So I looked at the console window to see what I can decipher and this is what it showed.  I don’t know if that will help.

3/1/14 11:27:18.145 AM com.apple.launchd.peruser.502[149]: ([0x0-0x1f01f].motif2text-1.1[281]) Exited with code: 1

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2014 @ 09:54 AM
VikasSharma
Joined  10-05-2010

Thank you stoneb3, meatballfulton, and robinvt for your feedback!

It appears that there definitely is some issue with the app that awaits discovery (and hopefully a resolution too). Surprisingly, I have NOT got any errors so far while running this app on my MacBook Pro (specs attached) - absolutely none so far!

I think some more research is required on my part to really identify and try to resolve the problem. Being very new to development on the Mac, it’s likely that this might take longer than expected.

Till then, it would be helpful if some more fellows can try to run the app and provide their feedback. Is there even a single person out there (except me) who has managed to successfully run the app on their Mac?

Image Attachments
VS-MBP-Specs.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2014 @ 11:07 AM
alanb
Total Posts:  301
Joined  02-15-2009

Does not work on my MacBook Pro
The icon is on the desktop..click it and nothing happens…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2014 @ 12:08 PM
Michael Trigoboff
Total Posts:  647
Joined  09-05-2011

This clearly hasn’t been as trouble-free as we had hoped. We’re working on figuring it out. Stay tuned…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2014 @ 10:37 AM
RobinVT
Total Posts:  210
Joined  01-16-2012

Hi Vikas,
Just checking to see if you received my console log for the motif2text problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2014 @ 09:30 PM
VikasSharma
Joined  10-05-2010
robinvt - 04 March 2014 10:37 AM

Hi Vikas,
Just checking to see if you received my console log for the motif2text problem.

I did receive the logs from you (robinvt), stoneb3, meatballfulton, and wizardgraphics. Thank you very much all of you! The logs helped a lot in analyzing the issues.

As it appears, there is no problem with the app as such. However, in order to work correctly, it depends on some libraries (Tcl/Tk, CoreText, etc.) to be available at particular places in the target computer, which may or may not be there depending upon various things.

We’re trying to get this resolved (rest assured).

For those who’re interested, we initially used cx_Freeze for porting the Windows version of motif2text to Mac (This version was posted in the 1st post of this thread). It did work on my MacBook Pro but did not work on most other systems.

Later, we used py2app for porting the Windows version to Mac (I had the sent the download link of this version to all of you for testing). Again, it worked on my system but didn’t on others.

The original code was written using Python3.x by Michael Trigoboff. He has very kindly converted it to Python2.x (which comes pre-installed on most Mac systems). The last 2-3 days have been very hectic for me at work but (as soon as get the time) I’m going to port it again and take your help in testing. Again, it may or not work but we’ll try. There are other ways of doing it (like writing a Mac app from scratch using Cocoa and Objective-C using Xcode development platform) but that entails learning a lot of new stuff before anything worthwhile can be done. For the record, when I was asked to try porting the app to Mac around 10-days back, I had no idea about the Python programming language and had not even heard about cx_Freeze and py2app.

Fingers crossed.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2014 @ 06:06 PM
Michael Trigoboff
Joined  09-05-2011
VikasSharma - 04 March 2014 09:30 PM

There are other ways of doing it (like writing a Mac app from scratch using Cocoa and Objective-C using Xcode development platform) but that entails learning a lot of new stuff before anything worthwhile can be done.

Rewriting it from scratch should not be necessary. And given the amount of work that would entail, I think it’s worth trying all of the other possibilities first.

For the record, when I was asked to try porting the app to Mac around 10-days back, I had no idea about the Python programming language and had not even heard about cx_Freeze and py2app.

Fingers crossed.

That’s an amazing amount of progress in 10 days.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2014 @ 08:22 PM
stoneb3
Joined  06-05-2011
Michael Trigoboff - 05 March 2014 06:06 PM

[

That’s an amazing amount of progress in 10 days.

I wouldn’t know but I can’t disagree. No doubt he has other things to do as well. I’d mark him down as a pretty cool dude.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2014 @ 11:38 AM
Michael Trigoboff
Joined  09-05-2011

A new version of motif2text for the Mac has just been released. You can download it from the first message in this thread.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2014 @ 01:56 PM
Stephan
Total Posts:  1
Joined  03-07-2014

This version is working for me.

Mac mini
Mac OS 10.8.5

Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2014 @ 05:59 PM
VikasSharma
Joined  10-05-2010
Stephan - 07 March 2014 01:56 PM

This version is working for me.

Mac mini
Mac OS 10.8.5

Thank you!

Finally. Thanks for your feedback.

Also, a big ‘thank you’ to stoneb3, wizardgraphics, meatballfulton, and robinvt for your feedback through PMs which helped a lot in resolving this.

This build also includes an icon for the app.

All of you are requested to provide your feedback on the app and also report issues/bugs (if any) here in this thread.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2014 @ 11:50 AM
stoneb3
Joined  06-05-2011

Sorry for the delay.
Just today I’ve had an opportunity to use this app. While it would not function on my older 10.4.11, it works flawlessly on my 10.8.5 (Both Macs). After creating the text on the latter I’m able to utilize the data on the older machine.
I create a lot of files, using the date as a name, and at times using some cryptic code that I can never seem to unravel in future viewings. This app has made viewing the contents of all my files a breeze. Quickly, I might add. Simply launch the app, attach a file and create a text. Done. All on one page. As much as I herald DCP’s colorful and generous Pdf files, it’s nice seeing all of the files content on one page.
I created a text for XSpandYourWorld .X0A, and at the bottom of the text there exists a list of the waveforms. Along with with duplicates, if any are present. And there was. I loaded the file into an XS, found, and deleted the duplicate. This reduced the file size from 382.1mb to 375.0mb. Not a lot, but some for sure. It’s occurred to me that it would be nice to review XF files for duplicates prior to loading them to the flash board, you never know, accidents happen.
All in all I am very thankful for this tool. I will certainly gain much use from it and no doubt exists that it will help to make my work easier. A very special thank-you to Michael Trigoboff, Vikas Sharma, and 5pinDin for their efforts to produce and share this. I’m confident that a lot of time went into it for sure. Your generosity is highly admired.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 3

Previous Topic:

‹‹ fsx action
Next Topic:

Transfer .wav from usb to song ››