mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "SOLVED: Performance creation in XF vs MOXF"

Posted on: February 26, 2014 @ 08:01 PM
wizardgraphics
Total Posts:  171
Joined  01-15-2012

Hi, In the MOXF you can easily add a drum part to a voice for example by clicking the drum assign button in the performance creation section. This adds the part of your choice and it also brings in all the Arps that comes with that drum patch you chose. All 5 of them for example. And all of them are set to the appropriate Arps for that drum patch. Well and good.

Now in the Motif XF. When I start with an initialized performance and I add a second part for drums for my voice and enable the Arp for that part of the performance. All the Arps are deactivated by default no matter what drum patch I chose. Even if I pick the exact same patch that I just used in the MOXF example I listed above. The problem is that when you go ahead and enable all the different Arps that you need to use with your performance for that drum patch, they are all set to the default first Arp that is not suitable for drums so I had to go ahead an manually select suitable Arps for that drum patch chose. Too much work.

The QUESTION is: What am I missing? How can I pick a drum patch for a part in an initialized performance and get all the Arps active or at least pointing to the suitable Arps for drums from the start like in the MOXF example? Same question applies to when adding other voices of other instruments as well to other parts of the performance, can I bring along their suitable Arps from the start as well? Is that doable? Can anybody help?

I hope I was clear enough describing the issue. Thanks a lot in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2014 @ 08:33 PM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010

Did you select (switched on) the Parameter with Voice option as explained on Pages 109 & 110 of the XF Reference Manual before selecting the Voice?

See attached pics.

Image Attachments
ParamWithVoicePic.pngParamWithVoice.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2014 @ 09:02 PM
wizardgraphics
Total Posts:  171
Joined  01-15-2012
VikasSharma - 26 February 2014 08:33 PM

Did you select (switched on) the Parameter with Voice option as explained on Pages 109 & 110 of the XF Reference Manual before selecting the Voice?

See attached pics.

Wow! Nope! I did not! Man, I still have a lot to learn! Thanks a lot really. That makes sense.

Really sweet!

[ Ignore ]