mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "iPad air/ mox 6"

Posted on: February 26, 2014 @ 07:49 AM
koolkezs
Total Posts:  33
Joined  07-19-2012

Hello guys, I have purchase an iPad air and I have been trying to hook this device up to my Yamaha Mox 6, but will not work!! I can remember when I had the iPad mini with I0s6 it worked!! Please help maybe I have to turn something on from my iPad or mox please help it is driving me crazy!!!!!! Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2014 @ 08:47 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You are not telling us much… How did you connect your previous iPad mini to your MOX.
What has changed from that time?
You now have an iPad Air with a different iOS correct?
What connector are you using?

Any actual info would be helpful.
What App are you attempting to run?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2014 @ 09:25 AM
koolkezs
Total Posts:  33
Joined  07-19-2012

i hook it up with the camera kit by apple with the lighter connector. At the time i was using i0s6, but when i upgraded to i0s7 that is when it stop working. On my iPad air i am using ios7.0.6 The software i am trying to use Garage Band and Neo Soul keys. I really need help!!! i dont know if there is something i need to turn from my keyboard or iPad thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2014 @ 01:11 PM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010

I’m having essentially the same issue, as described at
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/470938/

I never had a problem having numerous iPads recognize Yamahas over USB, until iOS7. The one device I have with iOS7 (an iPad Mini Retina) is the only one I can’t get to work (using Apple’s Camera Connection Kit and a USB cable). I have not seen anything official from Yamaha saying either that it should work, or that it is a known issue.

Question to the floor, has anyone here successfully gotten their i-device working with a Yamaha board over USB under iOS7? Same application as discussed above, using it to trigger sounds in GarageBand or any other app that functions as a MIDI sound source.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2014 @ 01:37 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

The MOX no longer works with the Apple Camera Kit connection, and you are not crazy, once it most assuredly did! They ‘improved’ iOS 7 so devices like the MOX would no longer work… Not sure why this is the case but it most definitely is the case.

I have no official word about any of this, I will endeavor to find out.

I do know that current situation is you need to get either the Yamaha iMX-1 or the iUX-1 plus the Apple 30-pin to Lightning adapter to connect to your next generation Apple device.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2014 @ 12:17 PM
darrelldiaz2
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-02-2014

Any update on this Bad Mister?

This was working well for me previously and now it doesn’t work at all.

Thank you,

Darrell Diaz

Yamaha MOX6/iPad Air 128GB/IOS7.1/Lighting to USB Camera Connection Kit

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2014 @ 12:39 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

This was working well for me previously and now it doesn’t work at all.

Yes, this is the case.
Updating your iPad to iOS 7 broke it. Apple is aware. Yamaha and Apple are working to resolve this.

And anticipating the next question.... Apple (still) never announces updates ahead of time… We’ll just have to wait.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2014 @ 04:31 PM
darrelldiaz2
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-02-2014

Thanks for the update. In the meantime while looking through my bag,I found an iRig MIDI and it’s working fine. Very bulky with the lightning to 30-pin adapter, but workable.

Best,

DD

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Latency with arpegiator in 1/64 note
Next Topic:

changing voices quickly in performance mode ››