mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Want just 1 of the 16 rhodes from Chick Corea on my flash?"

Posted on: February 22, 2014 @ 11:20 AM
perkdaddy
Total Posts:  13
Joined  12-21-2013

Hey folks. I have loaded the Chick Corea Rhodes on my MOXF6.  After playing for about 3 weeks, I realize I really only need 1 or 2 of the 16 rhodes! I only have the 512 mb flash card and the Chick Corea takes up 480 of it. I really loved the INSPIRATION IN A FLASH library and would like to have a majority of those sounds on my flash card.  So, how do you save just one or two VOICE, WAVEFORM ect from the Chick Corea on the MOXF without having the other 14 or 15 rhodes piano. Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2014 @ 11:50 AM
miden
Total Posts:  618
Joined  09-22-2005

No offence, but it makes it a pretty expensive brace of EP’s ;-)

Seriously....

First job is to format the Flash (you can just use delete, but imo formatting does a better job - I have no real evidence just the way I like to do it.)

If there were samples you wanted to keep however, you would need to use delete and “surgically” remove only those needing to be removed. However in your case I think a full deletion and starting again using the single sound load method is better. JMO.

Select VOICE under the TYPE then cursor arrow to the box to the right that has the libraries listed on the USB drive.

Then arrow down to the Chicks MarkV

A little box (two sometimes) will become visible under the Voice on the left hand side, this says with waveform with sample, make sure these are checked...then cursor arrow back to the right hand pane. When the Chicks set is highlighted, press the enter button, this will the display User 1 User 2 User 3....press enter on each one of these until you find the Chicks set (probs it is on User 1 or 3) then select which patch you want using the scroll down and up buttons…

Then using the cursor buttons press the left one to go back to the left hand pane and select where you want to place this sound. You can select user 1,2 or 3 and after that you can choose which slot 1-128, to place it.
Press the Execute button(SF1)...rinse and repeat. Then do the same for IIAF…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2014 @ 12:16 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3082
Joined  10-05-2011
perkdaddy - 22 February 2014 11:20 AM

Hey folks. I have loaded the Chick Corea Rhodes on my MOXF6.  After playing for about 3 weeks, I realize I really only need 1 or 2 of the 16 rhodes! I only have the 512 mb flash card and the Chick Corea takes up 480 of it. I really loved the INSPIRATION IN A FLASH library and would like to have a majority of those sounds on my flash card.  So, how do you save just one or two VOICE, WAVEFORM ect from the Chick Corea on the MOXF without having the other 14 or 15 rhodes piano. Thanks

I don’t own the Chick Corea Rhodes Library, but it is my understanding that any of the VOICES require the whole sample set be installed on the Flash Board.

If that is the case, keeping only a couple of the VOICES in the machine unfortunately would not give you any more room on the Flash for other sample data.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2014 @ 12:32 PM
miden
Total Posts:  618
Joined  09-22-2005

Thanks for adding that cmayhle - now you said it I recall reading it somewhere too.

Sorry OP, it is not possible. Probs better buying the 1 gig card..I reckon you could get a few dollars for the 512 - it is a popular size for the Tyros community I think.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2014 @ 04:23 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1093
Joined  10-02-2002

Just to confirm and clariify, yes the library - like almost any sample library - comprises the ‘samples’, which is the data that you store in the Flashboard, which takes up the memory. And then the Voices, which simply use these samples as their starter waveforms. The Voices themselves take up no sample memory whatsoever.

Chick’s Mk V has primarily one set of samples, which is what takes up all the memory. The Voices are then different manifestations of those samples with a myriad different envelopes, filter, effects etc settings.

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ "Signature" Piano from K-sounds??
Next Topic:

moxf flash ››