mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "“Signature” Piano from K-sounds??"

Posted on: February 22, 2014 @ 11:52 AM
miden
Total Posts:  618
Joined  09-22-2005

Has anyone had live usage experience with the K-Sounds Signature Piano for the Motif/MOXF?

Demos sound pretty good, but it is rather expensive so someone with some direct experiences to share would be welcome to post some opinions.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2014 @ 02:17 PM
MFrost
Total Posts:  30
Joined  05-11-2013

I bought sigarure piano recently. These are a very good pianos. The damper noise is amazing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2014 @ 02:35 PM
miden
Joined  09-22-2005

Thanks - is there anything you can compare it to? I have used quite a few VST pianos, and I have the Gospel Musicians Kawai Piano…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2014 @ 02:59 PM
Dr. ROX
Total Posts:  41
Joined  11-22-2013

I have the Signature piano and it’s really good. It has big, grand sound, very suitable for music where piano is the main instrument or you need some big sounding piano part. There are few voices in Voice mode - they have 5 velocity layers & keyoff and resonances. But in Performance mode there are 8 velocity layer pianos. Fun thing about this voice library is that inside it has waveforms for 9 velocity levels. The 9th is the quietest one, it is used in some soft piano voices, but you can actually make piano from 9 velocity layers if you like to tweak the sound!
Regarding the samples recording quality is very good, also they have little studio ambiance in them. That makes the sound bigger but it might appear a bit more distant and darker if you will compare to Full concert grand. Anyway I would highly recommend it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2014 @ 03:06 PM
miden
Joined  09-22-2005

Thanks Dr Rox...good info :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2014 @ 03:09 PM
Dr. ROX
Joined  11-22-2013
miden - 23 February 2014 02:35 PM

Thanks - is there anything you can compare it to? I have used quite a few VST pianos, and I have the Gospel Musicians Kawai Piano…

Gospel Musicians Kawai sustain is quite short and the piano is more for soul, hip-hop - it’s more “in your face”. I have the Kawai too, tried to play some ballads, classic - it lacks the grand sound you would expect for piano. Signature piano is different, bigger sounding. For comparison I would say Best Service Vintage D Kontakt library or from the same company Vienna Grand. So take these, add a bit ambiance sound into the samples and it should be somewhat comparable.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2014 @ 03:20 PM
Dr. ROX
Joined  11-22-2013

Also you can check this thread, lot’s of good info here too:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/470734/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2014 @ 03:47 PM
miden
Joined  09-22-2005