mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Wav, Sequence, FL1"

Posted on: February 21, 2014 @ 11:34 AM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Hi everyone.  BM, 5pin and others will prob. have this answer right away.  I found several old posts addressing the process of importing or loading a wav file into a sequencer track.  I read how the wav file needs to be assigned to a voice (in my case mixing voice).
The wav file i used was actually a song jingle from a buddy, who wanted some keys to go with it.  I burned the wav file to FL1 (not sure why but i did)

So after i did the deal, i SAVED the song file with the wav assigned to track 16.  When i went back later (after powering down), the song showed a wav still being assigned to track 16 but it didn’t play.  i pressed Integrated Sampling to see if the wav was still there and it wasn’t. 

Now i’m wondering if i am able to LOAD the wav from the FL1?  Honestly i felt lame in my attempts....  I still don’t even have a clear understanding of how to assign a wav to a KEY, etc…
i’ve read BM’s support articles on sequencer sampling and many posts. 

sorry....rambling here.  The wav file in question IS on FL1.  Can i access to put Back into track 16 in my song?  I’ll keep reading the support materials with the other issues.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2014 @ 01:02 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The wav file in question IS on FL1.  Can i access to put Back into track 16 in my song?

Yes you can. What has happened (you can determine how it happened later) is the MIXING VOICE in your SONG MIXING has lost contact with the Waveform.

Here is what you must do:
Call up your SONG
Press [MIXING]
Highlight the PART with the MV assigned, PART 16
Press [F6] VCE EDIT
This will drop you into full edit on the Mixing Voice
Press [1] to view ELEMENT parameters
Press [F1] OSCILLATOR

Select WAVE BANK = FL1
Set the WAVE NUMBER to your Waveform’s Number

Continue to edit as you desire… giving it a NAME if you wish.
Press [STORE]
To STORE this new MIXING VOICE

Press [STORE] to update the entire SONG and MIX

Now make sure you make a Backup file (overwriting any older one if necessary).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2014 @ 02:50 PM
richie1027
Joined  10-14-2008

THanks BM....that did it.

In an old thread, you were asked something like “If I pause/stop the playback of a wav file in song mode, why will it not resume play when i press PLAY again?”

this question was mixed in with many others and it wasn’t addressed.  I’m curious as well, since I’m experiencing this with my current example.  NOt a big deal, but the wav file is 2:35 in length Pausing at 2:22 means a complete back-to-beginning. 
thanks for helping…
rich

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2014 @ 05:08 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Right, it’s really not a big deal. When do you ever plan on playing 2:22 of a 2:35 song? It’s really a thing only while still working on the song. When you playback an audio file or an mp3 or CD or a any other type of music, you don’t worry about stopping at 2:22 out of 2:35… Only when its a sequence, ...I guess.

Probably why I didn’t answer.

If it bothers you, divide your audio clip into smaller segments. I did this to a composition just to illustrate how it is done. In the [INTEGRATED SAMPLING] area you can use the Tempo/Measure/Meter calculator tool to define any musical region up to 32 bars, set the Start and End Points, copying the result to a separate Key Bank. And then copy regions to new Key Banks.

In this fashion you can sub divide your audio into 32 measure, 16 measure, 8 measure, 4 measure, 1 measure, even one beat segments - whatever you desire. As a demonstration I subdivided a song into measure regions just to make the point.

Practical divisions are by musical section - if you ever envision pausing during a live performance I guess this can bail you out. Just rewind or fast forward to the start of any Section.

How it’s done:
Enter the TEMPO, Time Signature, and define the region…
Set the START POINT at the beginning of the Section
Set the END POINT at the beginning of the next Section
When you tell the XF how many measures that is it will show the number of samples in that region.
Do NOT Extract the data, rather COPY it and paste it to a New Waveform, new Key Bank.

Rinse and repeat diving the original Waveform by copyin the next Section to that same new waveform, but the chromatically higher Key Bank… And so on.

Then you simply place a new trigger note-on event at each Section division.

See this thread for all the gorey details
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/459509

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2014 @ 05:26 PM
richie1027
Joined  10-14-2008
Bad_Mister - 21 February 2014 05:08 PM

Right, it’s really not a big deal. When do you ever plan on playing 2:22 of a 2:35 song? It’s really a thing only while still working on the song.

Great reply and you were spot on.... The Wav was a jingle and I needed to lay down some keys and I was indeed pausing OFTEN.  While I may not have the opportunity to do this again for a while, you can be sure your reply is in my notebook.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How to create user-ARP with an accent phrase?
Next Topic:

XF8 and ProTools 9 ››