mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "n00b question on samples/voices/flash"

Posted on: February 19, 2014 @ 08:37 AM
piano71
Total Posts:  1
Joined  02-17-2014

I just got a MOXF8 recently, a bundle deal that included a FL512M card and some sample libraries.

Pretty quickly, I discovered that these libraries come as “all” files that not only load samples into flash, but overwrite the voice definitions in the USER banks.

From browsing some threads here and looking at the manual, it appears that on the keyboard you can import individual voices with their associated samples.

What I really want to do is to audition various samples from multiple libraries, and then assemble my own library to load up. It looks like there are two ways to do this:

1) First, go through the factory default USER voices (all 384 of them) and decide which ones to keep or toss. Then put the libraries on a USB memory stick, and go through each library and load voices to try out. Make notes of ones I want. Then factory reset, format the flash, and import individual voices. (Not sure how this impacts performance mode, drum kits, etc.). Obviously, very time-consuming.

2) Buy the John Melos MOXF Tools complete pack (do I also need Waveform Editor) to open up the existing library files, and create a new library by importing voices from various sources. Then load this library into the MOXF8. This would cost EUR135 (about 187USD).

Do I understand this correctly? Or are there other options / considerations I should be thinking about?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2014 @ 08:49 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

The USER VOICES from the factory are duplicates of PRE-SET VOICES, so don’t worry about overwriting them.  They are merely ‘placeholders’.

Additionally, you may find This Thread helpful.

[ Ignore ]