mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can MOFX6 editor load XS .X0A all file?"

Posted on: February 18, 2014 @ 01:13 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

Hi.  I just ordered the MOXF6 last week and waiting for it to arrive.  In the meantime, I was hoping to get a few things prepped.  I currently have a Motif Rack-XS and was hoping to get patches/voices I made on the XS onto the MOXF6.  My goal is to have a file all ready for loading to the MOXF6.

Does the MOFX6 editor let you open XOA files?  I downloaded the editor and ran it.  I could not open the XOA file from the Open dialog as it gave me some errors.  So next I tried Import.  This did not give any errors, but I don’t know that it actually opened the XOA file (it may be showing me some default factory standard list).  And I could not click the import button after selecting a voice.  I think items were disabled because I don’t have the MOXF6 hooked up.

Will I eventually be able to use the X0A file to get the XS patches into the MOXF6?  Do I have to import each voice I want one at a time to the MOXF6?  It seems I may not be able to do what I want until I receive the actual keyboard.

Thanks for advice/help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2014 @ 01:24 PM
jshep0102
Total Posts:  290
Joined  11-16-2012

The Melas Editor is the magic you seek - the MOXF version, of course.

http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/bundle_ord.php

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2014 @ 08:50 PM
SSquared
Joined  01-29-2014

First off, I should have said X1E files, not X0A.

Thanks jshep0102.  I looked into it tonight and it seems I can do it with the Melas Total Librarian software.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I had hoped the Yamaha MOXF6/8 Editor could import the X1E file.  But without having an actual MOXF6 hooked up, it doesn’t look like I can try things out beforehand.

At least I know I can get the patches across, I’ll just have to wait until the keyboard arrives.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2014 @ 03:49 AM
jshep0102
Total Posts:  290
Joined  11-16-2012

Thewre’s a bunch of great guys with lots of know how to help ya through the learn curve. All the best! These boards rock!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2014 @ 10:02 AM
SSquared
Joined  01-29-2014

Yes.  Thanks.  Great place here.  I’ve been gaining lots of great information in preparation for the arrival of the synth.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Recent downloads for MOXF
Next Topic:

Another question about changing Modes via MIDI SysEx ››