mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif doesn’t recognize bank change command from XS Master mode"

Posted on: February 13, 2014 @ 08:48 PM
tedpitzen
Total Posts:  12
Joined  08-03-2005

Hello,
I am using a Motif XS, Prophet 8 and Motif 6 for my live setup.
In Master mode on the XS, I set up patch changes with bank changes for all keyboards. The Prophet and XS respond as expected. When I try to change the Motif 6 from a voice mode patch to a performance patch, using MSB 63 LSB 64 for USER1 Performance bank in the Motif 6, it changes as expected, but when I go to a Master program that tells the Motif 6 to switch back to a voice bank...typically my USER1 that is MSB 63 LSB 8, it doesn’t change back to Voice mode.
If I press the Voice mode button manually, it is at the correct voice I programmed, but it won’t change automatically from Performance to Voice mode.
Is there a command I’m overlooking?
I guess I can just hit the Voice mode button when I’m playing, but I would think the Motif would recognize the MSB LSB bank change command.
Am I doing something wrong or missing a step somewhere?
I appreciate your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 13, 2014 @ 09:24 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Am I doing something wrong or missing a step somewhere?

Bank Select commands do not, cannot change modes. Only a System Exclusive Parameter Change message can switch Modes.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2014 @ 01:01 PM
tedpitzen
Joined  08-03-2005

Can I insert a Sys Ex Parameter Change message in the Master?
If yes, can you advise what that would be?
Thanks,
Ted

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2014 @ 01:39 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

A System Exclusive Parameter Change message can be inserted to a track of a sequencer.

What you can do is program all the Setups you will use in the Motif 6 as Performances, so it can remain in Performance mode. Performances can contain a single Voice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2014 @ 01:54 PM
tedpitzen
Joined  08-03-2005

Thank you Bad Mister!
I’ll take the easier route and program my sounds in the Motif 6 in performance mode......
Thanks for a simple solution…
Ted

[ Ignore ]