mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "how to load samples onto es6"

Posted on: February 13, 2014 @ 09:18 AM
ohiofresh
Total Posts:  2
Joined  02-11-2014

hello. i have just got a motif es6. i have just purchased 2x512 memory and a 8gb flash that i thought was specifically for motif. i have then loaded the sounds that came with the motif onto the flash. when i load the flash into the motif it recognizes the flash but doesnt show any of the files that are on the flash no matter if i go to all files or what ever. is there something i am doing wrong? Thanks for any help in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 13, 2014 @ 12:33 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

ohiofresh - 13 February 2014 09:18 AM

hello. i have just got a motif es6. i have just purchased 2x512 memory and a 8gb flash that i thought was specifically for motif. i have then loaded the sounds that came with the motif onto the flash. when i load the flash into the motif it recognizes the flash but doesnt show any of the files that are on the flash no matter if i go to all files or what ever. is there something i am doing wrong? Thanks for any help in advance.

At first you should know that max acceptable USB flash size on Motif ES is 2Gb. Also, it should be formatted as FAT (or FAT16) not as FAT32. Some larger USBs could be seen on Motif, but only first 2Gb are usable.
Have you checked this flash on your computer first? If yes, than try to find smaller USB or just to format existing USB as FAT.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 13, 2014 @ 01:20 PM
ohiofresh
Total Posts:  2
Joined  02-11-2014

Thanks. i have tried to format the drive on the computer but it do not give me the option to format to FAT16 even when i have tried to format it from the command screen it says that this drive FAT32 and cannot be done. Is there some type of updater that would allow the motif to recognize more memory or what? or is it another way to format the drive to FAT16 because i have a few drives and cannot format none to FAT16

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2014 @ 08:04 AM
eighty8fingers
Total Posts:  20
Joined  02-24-2014

Hi ohiofresh. I am just like you - got my motif ES last week and had a hell of a time figuring out the flash drive issue. My computers also would not allow me to format the drive to FAT16. Finally, my son found an old drive that was only 1 gig and it would format to FAT16 (and was already formatted this way.) I saw some flash drives available in bulk (10) on amazon that were 1 gig. You might try those. My son’s was the cheapo flip out kind that company’s print on and give out for free. (This is the kind available in bulk on Amazon.)It was around $40 for 10. Might be worth it to not have the headache. You could probably sell the extras via this forum if they work - LOL!  :)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ mlan 16e Driver for Mac OS Mavericks?
Next Topic:

pitch bend wheel problems ››