mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Reversing [removed]Part Volume) on Pedal"

Posted on: February 12, 2014 @ 03:15 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I’m finding it hard to accurately change volume with the FC7 pedal, since I stand when I play and it’s impossible to put my foot on the pedal lightly enough to not push it in one direction or the other inadvertently.

Anybody else dealing with this?

So I’m thinking it would be easier if the pedal action was reversed. I recall doing it on my S90, but had to create a custom USER Voice to achieve. I think it was possible also to re-gradiate the amount of change achieved within the 1-127.  (I did something similar with the rotary effect, too, but found that a latch on/off switch worked just as well once the ramp speed of the rotary effect was adjusted.) Anyway, I’ve forgotten the steps and maybe there’s another way to do this pedal controller change on the MOX. 

I’m also wondering if the pedal itself should be adjusted to shorten or lengthen the movement required.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 13, 2014 @ 09:22 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

To reverse the direction of the pedal is programmable via the Voice Edit functions. It is within the Voice that the Foot pedal is assigned to what ever function it is doing. So it stands to reason that this is where you go to change how it works.

When Volume or Expression is involved you must consider it as a parameter which has values from 0 through 127. All positive values. The controller you assign to control volume will need to be capable of sending these values. If you select the MW or a FC it is easy to understand how these both send value 0 through 127.

This means when the MW is down at minimum the value is 0 and as you raise it you move toward 127
This means when the FC is heel down it is at minimum value 0, and when you move to toe down you reach 127.

This is easy to follow.
But it gets more complicated when you factor in the following: the MW resets to 0, the FC resets to 127. If you make so they are in charge of your volume - one defaults to no sound the other to full sound. For the MW to control the Volume you’d need to set the man voice volume at 0 so that the position of the wheel 0-127 corresponded to the volume level 0-127.
The FC resets to 127 so it automatically is in a ready to play state.

The MW sends cc001 and is assignable to any available parameter. The FC1 pedal defaults to the fixed function Expression. Expression cannot be reversed easily - it’s fixed to work one way… To increase volume from minimum to maximum.

Neither the MW nor the FC applies a negative value. But this is where the DEPTH parameter comes in - it can apply a negative value. if you use FC2 which defaults to being assignable to any available parameter, like the MW, you can use the Foot pedal so it works in reverse.

The DEPTH parameter determines the amount and direction of the applied modulation. If you set a Negative Depth you can decrease or reduce the value sent.

The MOX has only one Foot Controller jack. You can set it to be either the fixed function EXPRESSION or you can set it to be the assignable FOOT CONTROL. This is a global setting.

Press [UTILITY]
Press [F4] CTL ASN
Press [SF1] ASSIGN
If you change FC1 to the same value as set for FC2 (cc004), the pedal acts as FC2

Now within a Voice you can set the CONTROL SET as follows:
Press [EDIT]
Press [COMMON]
Press [F4] CTL SET

SOURCE = FC2(04)
DESTINATION = Volume
DEPTH = Negative value that is comfortable for your standing position.

[ Ignore ]