mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "KARMA Motif Software Version 3.1 adds Rack-XS support"

Posted on: February 10, 2014 @ 12:34 PM
Stephen Kay
Total Posts:  169
Joined  01-13-2011

As was announced at 2014 NAMM recently, at the Yamaha booth:

http://www.karma-lab.com/karmasoft/kmo/images/karma-motif-v31-450.jpg

(click for full-size screenshot)

KARMA Motif Software - 3.1 Release (Mac/Windows)
Yamaha MOXF, MOX, Rack-XS, Mac OS X 10.9 and more!

January 18, 2014 - Karma-Lab has released KARMA Motif Software Version 3.1, a major update that adds support for several more Yamaha instruments and Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9. A free update for any current owners, version 3.1 adds the following new features and improvements:

* supports 5 Yamaha instruments: Motif XF, XS, MOXF, MOX and Rack XS
* supports Mac OSX 10.4.11 through 10.9.x Mavericks, Universal
* supports Windows XP through Windows 8.1, 32 and 64-bit
* supports the Steinberg CMC-PD and CMC-QC external controllers, along with others
* adds additional control ports for use with more external devices at the same time
* new Previous Scene, Next Scene and Startup Scene functions
* new Phase Activity Display shows the relationship of each Module’s Phase Pattern
* completely up-to-date Help File including .pdf version, new and updated Tutorials
* support for scrolling via MouseWheel/Trackpad where applicable
* other new features, enhancements, and improvements.

KARMA Motif brings the award-winning and patented KARMA algorithmic music technology to a number of Yamaha Motif-based models, giving them extensive new interactive groove generation, arpeggiation and arranger-like capabilities.

KARMA Motif uses the rack’s Multi mode, where each of the included KARMA Performances is a complete, 16 part multi-track six-module KARMA algorithmic music groove, with a left hand and right hand zone for controlling KARMA and soloing on top of it, and eight fully voiced and completely different scenes. The keyboard’s arps are also additionally integrated in each Performances as additional elements that can be added via KARMA’s Intelligent Chord Trigger Transposition features.

A 13 minute Video Introduction (on the Motif XF) is available demonstrating many of KARMA’s interactive performance capabilities. The software and KARMA Performances sound identical on the Rack-XS; external controllers such as the Steinberg CMC-PD, CMC-QC, Korg nanoPAD2 or even an iPad running the Yamaha iPad apps can be easily integrated to provide all of the real-time control that is shown using the XF’s Remote Mode.

For more info, videos, documentation:

KARMA Motif Product Page

To purchase the software:

Buy KARMA Motif Software

Thanks for your time and interest! ;)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 13, 2014 @ 12:40 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Have anyone tried KARMA with Rack XS? It is powerful as could be seen from video tutorials that exist for XF. Should Rack users use some additional software with it, like Melas’ Librarian? Also, since Rack is usually played using various MIDI controllers, should those be specifically set to work with KARMA?
Anyway, I’ve really planned to buy it.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2014 @ 10:57 PM
Stephen Kay
Joined  01-13-2011
nbadesign - 13 February 2014 12:40 PM

Have anyone tried KARMA with Rack XS? It is powerful as could be seen from video tutorials that exist for XF. Should Rack users use some additional software with it, like Melas’ Librarian?

Thanks for your interest. I actually do recommend using Melas’ Rack-XS Librarian to handle the data backup and loading required. This is a fantastic piece of software and it’s the easiest way to deal with backing up your rack and getting our data file into it. But we do provide two other methods as well: 1) a sysex file for dumping from a sequencer program, and 2) various Yamaha Rack-XS Editor files that you can send over one at a time. Really, the Rack-XS would be such a powerful piece of kit if not for the lack of a USB-A port.

Also, since Rack is usually played using various MIDI controllers, should those be specifically set to work with KARMA?

I’m not sure what you mean. First of all, since it’s the rack, you will be using a keyboard controller of some type to actually play the software. But for doing all of the button pushes and tricks shown in the video, you can use external controllers such as Steinberg CMC-PD, CMC-QC, Korg nanoPAD2 etc. Any progammable controller will work - but yes, they need to be programmed a certain way. But we provide documentation about this.

In fact, you can also use an iPad running the Yamaha “Synth and Arp” app which features assignable drum pads. We plan to release some templates for the iPad soon. Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2014 @ 03:12 PM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

Steven,

Thanks for those answers. I have both nanoPad2 and iPad with all Yamaha apps. So, it would be nice if you could provide some nice templates. Also, since I have plans to buy Karma, I could than share settings for my Novation Impulse.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2014 @ 04:11 PM
Stephen Kay
Joined  01-13-2011
nbadesign - 21 February 2014 03:12 PM

Thanks for those answers. I have both nanoPad2 and iPad with all Yamaha apps. So, it would be nice if you could provide some nice templates.

We do already have templates for the nanoPAD2 on the KARMA Motif Documentation Page. The iPad ones will be coming in the near future.

Also, since I have plans to buy Karma, I could than share settings for my Novation Impulse.

That would be cool!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 19, 2014 @ 12:26 AM
Stephen Kay
Joined  01-13-2011

The Karma-Lab 2014 Holiday Sale is on, now thru January 1, 2015! For owners of these six supported Yamaha synthesizer models* (including the Rack-XS) that specifically means:

KARMA Motif Software - regular $199 - now $149.25 (save $49.75)

* supported models:
Motif XF (6, 7, 8)
Motif XS (6, 7, 8)
MOXF (6, 8)
MOX (6, 8)
Motif Rack-XS
S70 XS/S90 XS (new!)

Complete details (and how to use a coupon code to get the discount): Karma-Lab 2014 Holiday Sale

Happy Holidays!
- Stephen Kay
KARMA Developer :: karma-lab.com

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2014 @ 09:17 AM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

Stephen Kay - 19 December 2014 12:26 AM

The Karma-Lab 2014 Holiday Sale is on, now thru January 1, 2015! For owners of these six supported Yamaha synthesizer models* (including the Rack-XS) that specifically means:

KARMA Motif Software - regular $199 - now $149.25 (save $49.75)

* supported models:
Motif XF (6, 7, 8)
Motif XS (6, 7, 8)
MOXF (6, 8)
MOX (6, 8)
Motif Rack-XS
S70 XS/S90 XS (new!)

Complete details (and how to use a coupon code to get the discount): Karma-Lab 2014 Holiday Sale

Happy Holidays!
- Stephen Kay

Thanks for this discount! I have bought Karma 3.2 yesterday and tried some performances on my MOXF. Today I have plans to try it with Rack XS, but my first impressions are very positive!
Highly recommended software!

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2014 @ 12:27 AM
Stephen Kay
Joined  01-13-2011

Thanks, Alex - glad to hear you are digging the software. Happy Holidays!

- Stephen Kay

[ Ignore ]