mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Gig Bag"

Posted on: February 10, 2014 @ 12:33 AM
Ceeloshawty
Total Posts:  1
Joined  02-10-2014

I’ve seen that there are specific gig bags for certain boards...I really do not want to carry around a hardshell case. Is there a specific bag for the motif xf7? with the name on it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2014 @ 06:21 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Nothing with a Yamaha name on it. I have a Gator soft case with wheels that I haul my XF7 around with. Not a perfect fit, so I had to add some padding around the front and side to keep the board from moving around. If you move yours a lot, or if it comes in contact with other gear while in transit, I would not recommend the Gator.

They sell cases here in the Motif Shop. No idea about them, but worth a look.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2014 @ 06:32 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

I purchased an SKB bag with wheels for my XF6...not cheap, was about $150...and the first time I took it out one of the handles ripped. I can’t imagine using a bag like that with the even heavier XF7 and XF8.

Although they weigh more, I would recommend a molded hardcase instead of a bag if you are going to be transporting the XF very often.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2014 @ 07:06 PM
jerrydpi
Total Posts:  973
Joined  11-03-2012

I bought a Ultimate Support USS1-76 Series One Keyboard Bag and it’s great!

To view, go to this url:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=uss+76&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top;+Nav-Search=

IMHO, if you are the one transporting the keyboard and you use a Hard Shell Case or a Gator/SKB Case with Wheels, it is just s-o-o-o-o-o-o heavy that it’s not worth it (size or your back-wise).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2014 @ 12:57 AM
Dr. ROX
Total Posts:  41
Joined  11-22-2013

I would highly recommend a bag with wheels and a shoulder strap. XF7 is more than 20kg so it’s very uncomfortable to carry the bag by handle. Especially if you need to unpack it on the stage and play soon afterwards - the fingers are always stiff after carrying such weight by handle. So to carry short distances you just use shoulder strap and to carry longer distances - drag it on wheels like your airport luggage.
I have this one http://www.thomann.de/gb/soundwear_stagebag_76.htm , but I don’t recommend it. It is too long - XF7 is actually quite shorter than the bag and it weighs ~7 kg, so that’s additional energy to waste by transporting it. I’m also looking for new bag that would be the same length as XF7..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2014 @ 09:48 AM
jerrydpi
Total Posts:  973
Joined  11-03-2012

Ceeloshawty,

I truly respect all my fellow Forum members opinion.

Regardless:
1) Before I started my new job I was playing live regularly, and trust me, old Jerry bought EVERY case/bag (plus a few more ) that the others have referred to. For me, they all had something (size, weight) that made me want to try another case/bag.
2) The Keyboard Bag I referred to has a great, heavy duty strap.
3) It fits the XF7 perfectly.
4) If you use the strap it’s easy to carry for “normal” distances.

Try it, you’ll like it!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2015 @ 04:26 AM
emediately
Total Posts:  11
Joined  04-08-2012

Are you using the Ultimate Support USS1-76 for the Motif XF7? I’m looking at this case, and the price is very attractive. I wish it had wheels though..

However, im worried about the fit..

I want a case that is small enough to fit in my car, but that will do the job of protecting the keyboard as well..

According to the specs, the Motif XF7 has a depth of 15.71”, and the particular case has interior dimensions of 50 x 6.0 x 15”.

How is the depth?

jerrydpi - 11 February 2014 09:48 AM

Ceeloshawty,

I truly respect all my fellow Forum members opinion.

Regardless:
1) Before I started my new job I was playing live regularly, and trust me, old Jerry bought EVERY case/bag (plus a few more ) that the others have referred to. For me, they all had something (size, weight) that made me want to try another case/bag.
2) The Keyboard Bag I referred to has a great, heavy duty strap.
3) It fits the XF7 perfectly.
4) If you use the strap it’s easy to carry for “normal” distances.

Try it, you’ll like it!!

[ Ignore ]