mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "S90SX DVDs, Books and Tutorials"

Posted on: February 08, 2014 @ 01:37 PM
Rustic
Total Posts:  2
Joined  02-08-2014

There seems to be a huge amount of material dedicated to helping Motif owners with their keyboard. Is there any equivalent help for the S90sx users? If not, would any of the tutorials for the Motif be of any use? I am brand new to Synths and find the docs provided by Yamaha to be a little tough. THANKS!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2014 @ 04:56 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

The S90 series has pretty closely followed the Motif series (the original Motif / S90, Motif ES / S90ES, and Motif XS / S90XS), the prime differences being that Motif instruments offer sequencing and sampling and the S90 series does not. There are other other differences too but that’s the ‘nuts and bolts’ of it.

We did produce the S90 Under Control video for the original S90 but since then there has not been a discernible demand for specific S90 videos. That’s unfortunate because the S90XS and Motif XS, although sharing a the lion’s share of their voice engine and basic sound structures, do have some interesting and complex features (especially on how sampling is presented on the “Motif XS+” i.e. the Motif XF) and these tend to have been the focus points of our recent Motif videos; at the expense maybe of some of the more basic sound and structural features that the Motifs share with the S90s.

That said, if you are interested in voice programming, Sound Advice, although filmed on a Motif ES, will be substantially applicable to S90 models. Newer models have many additional features but their basic structure is exactly the same. Similarly, the World Of Motif XS and even Motif XS Master Class DVDs include a lot of information that will be applicable. Mark Johnson’s ebooks for Motif will also have large areas of applicability.

Of course the screens and some of the button activity will differ, but if you can accept these books and videos more as background or conceptional programs, then they will almost certainly be of some use.

All the above items you can find in the shop here on Motifator.com.

Nothing is set in stone and if we can see sufficient interest in some video material we’ll be only too happy to oblige. To that end, perhaps you--and anyone else reading this reply--can list areas or features of the S90XS (or even ES) that you’d like help with? No promises, but that can’t hurt!

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2014 @ 05:23 PM
Rustic
Total Posts:  2
Joined  02-08-2014

Thank you very much for your insights. I really appreciate it! I will definitely check out your recommendations.

[ Ignore ]