mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "KARMA Motif Software Version 3.1 adds MOXF support"

Posted on: February 08, 2014 @ 11:41 AM
Stephen Kay
Total Posts:  169
Joined  01-13-2011

As was announced at 2014 NAMM recently, at the Yamaha booth:

karma-motif-v31-450.jpg

(click for full-size screenshot)

KARMA Motif Software - 3.1 Release (Mac/Windows)
Yamaha MOXF, MOX, Rack-XS, Mac OS X 10.9 and more!

January 18, 2014 - Karma-Lab has released KARMA Motif Software Version 3.1, a major update that adds support for several more Yamaha instruments and Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9. A free update for any current owners, version 3.1 adds the following new features and improvements:

* supports 5 Yamaha instruments: Motif XF, XS, MOXF, MOX and Rack XS
* supports Mac OSX 10.4.11 through 10.9.x Mavericks, Universal
* supports Windows XP through Windows 8.1, 32 and 64-bit
* supports the Steinberg CMC-PD and CMC-QC external controllers, along with others
* adds additional control ports for use with more external devices at the same time
* new Previous Scene, Next Scene and Startup Scene functions
* new Phase Activity Display shows the relationship of each Module’s Phase Pattern
* completely up-to-date Help File including .pdf version, new and updated Tutorials
* support for scrolling via MouseWheel/Trackpad where applicable
* other new features, enhancements, and improvements.

KARMA Motif brings the award-winning and patented KARMA algorithmic music technology to a number of Yamaha Motif-based models, giving them extensive new interactive groove generation, arpeggiation and arranger-like capabilities.

The software includes the ability to use the keyboard’s Remote Mode to control all of KARMA’s functions directly from the keyboard, while KARMA sends parameter information and values directly to the keyboard’s display. This allows you to control KARMA from the keyboard without looking at the computer, and makes it feel like the KARMA software is built-in to the keyboard.

KARMA Motif uses the keyboard’s Song/Multi/Mixing mode, where each of the included KARMA Performances is a complete, 16 part multi-track six-module KARMA algorithmic music groove, with a left hand and right hand zone for controlling KARMA and soloing on top of it, and eight fully voiced and completely different scenes. The keyboard’s arps are also additionally integrated in each Performances as additional elements that can be added via the Intelligent Chord Trigger Transposition features. And since you are already in Song Mode, you’re just one step away from recording your KARMA-fied musical performances into the internal sequencer - or you can route the output to any DAW for external sequencing. Furthermore, a KARMA Performance can call up any Voice, Performance, Song, Pattern, or Master slot when loading, so that KARMA can be used in any of the MOXF’s modes.

A 13 minute Video Introduction (on the Motif XF) is available demonstrating many of KARMA’s interactive performance capabilities. The software and KARMA Performances sounds exactly the same on the MOXF; however, the Remote Mode works differently than the XF shown in the video, although all of the same functions and features can be activated.

For more info, videos, documentation:

KARMA Motif Product Page

To purchase the software:

Buy KARMA Motif Software

Thanks for your time and interest! ;)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 20, 2014 @ 01:55 PM
Stephen Kay
Joined  01-13-2011

holidaysale2014-kmo-450.jpg

Just thought I’d update this thread with the info that version 3.2 is now out, and the Karma-Lab 2014 Holiday Sale is on, now thru January 1, 2015! For owners of these six supported Yamaha synthesizer models* (including the MOXF) that specifically means:

KARMA Motif Software - regular $199 - now $149.25 (save $49.75)

* supported models:
Motif XF (6, 7, 8)
Motif XS (6, 7, 8)
MOXF (6, 8)
MOX (6, 8)
Motif Rack-XS
S70 XS/S90 XS (new!)

Complete details (and how to use a coupon code to get the discount): Karma-Lab 2014 Holiday Sale

Happy Holidays!
- Stephen Kay
KARMA Developer :: karma-lab.com

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2014 @ 10:23 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Stephen Kay - 20 December 2014 01:55 PM

holidaysale2014-kmo-450.jpg

Just thought I’d update this thread with the info that version 3.2 is now out, and the Karma-Lab 2014 Holiday Sale is on, now thru January 1, 2015! For owners of these six supported Yamaha synthesizer models* (including the MOXF) that specifically means:

KARMA Motif Software - regular $199 - now $149.25 (save $49.75)

* supported models:
Motif XF (6, 7, 8)
Motif XS (6, 7, 8)
MOXF (6, 8)
MOX (6, 8)
Motif Rack-XS
S70 XS/S90 XS (new!)

Complete details (and how to use a coupon code to get the discount): Karma-Lab 2014 Holiday Sale

Happy Holidays!
- Stephen Kay

Nice software Steven and thanks for a discount!
I have started with Karma 3.2 yesterday and I was thrilled with possibilities for experimenting. Just after playing (not all) performances!

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2014 @ 12:26 AM
Stephen Kay
Joined  01-13-2011

Thanks, Alex - glad to hear you are digging the software. Happy Holidays!

- Stephen Kay

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2015 @ 06:26 PM
TiasDad
Total Posts:  45
Joined  04-12-2014

Hi Stephen, it looks like I just missed your latest sale (I should change my birthday! Lol). Will there be another in the near future?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2015 @ 06:59 PM
Stephen Kay
Joined  01-13-2011
TiasDad - 09 January 2015 06:26 PM

Hi Stephen, it looks like I just missed your latest sale (I should change my birthday! Lol). Will there be another in the near future?

Probably not - but thanks for your interest!

- Stephen Kay

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Midi Thru Q
Next Topic:

A keys group to discuss songs and techiniques ››