mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF6 vs motif xs UI?"

Posted on: January 22, 2014 @ 04:11 AM
zersiax
Total Posts:  5
Joined  01-22-2014

Hi,

I am thinking of exchanging my psr s750 for the moxf6 that was recently released. I’m not sure yet if I will miss anything the PSR offers me now, but that’s for me to discover.
My question however is this. I am fully blind, which makes it a little difficult to get the user interface all memorized. Now a lot of work has been done on this by others, detailing the screens that come up on the motif classic, XF and XS ranges of Motifs. Is the mox-series a lot different than these, or is it roughly the same?
Thanks a lot to anyone who can give me a push in the right direction here :)

Regards,
Florian

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2014 @ 04:46 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

As you probably are aware, the UI of Motif XS and XF are very similar. However, the MOX and MOXF UI are very different from those Motifs.

In looking over MoAccess, it seems that MOX owners are expressing frustration. There seem to be some recommendations that the John Melas software in conjunction with JAWS might be helpful.

http://www.freelists.org/list/moaccess
http://www.freelists.org/archive/moaccess/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2014 @ 05:34 AM
zersiax
Joined  01-22-2014

Hi,

I heard of this list, I thought it no longer existed though. Good to know the interface is rather different though, that means I shouldn’t pay too close attention to the already existing details. I’ll see if the software you referenced will be useful to me. If anyone else has any tips or comments, please post them. Every bit of advice is welcomed.

Thanks,
Florian

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2014 @ 05:44 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I hope others will post.

Are you familiar with Bryan Smart’s website?

http://blog.bryansmart.com/ask-bryan/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2014 @ 06:06 AM
zersiax
Joined  01-22-2014

Hi,

Yes, I am. I have also sent a question to that form, just gathering as much info as I can before I make my decision. Some of the problems would go away if I had someone sighted to go through the menu’s with me so I could transcribe them, but this is pretty much impossible where I currently reside.
Well ...we’ll see how this goes :)

Regards,
Florian

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2014 @ 10:26 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The MOX and MOXF displays are similar to the Motif ES and MO in size and appearance.

So I can only assume the menus have significant differences compared to the XS/XF.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Maybe a silly Quest
Next Topic:

Just bought a MOXF6 ››