mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF Interface question"

Posted on: January 21, 2014 @ 07:59 AM
jerrydpi
Total Posts:  973
Joined  11-03-2012

I’m afraid to ask this question, but I will :-)

I know the MOXF has a built in MIDI/audio Interface and it outputs audio as dual stereo outs.

If I purchase a external interface that is 8 in and 8 audio outs, and I connect my MOXF to that external interface with a usb cable, will I now have 8 audio outs?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2014 @ 08:14 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Yes, if the audio interface is 8 in and 8 out…. but not from the MOXF.

You would connect your MOXF to that 8 in/8 out interface using two 1/4” signal cables. The MOXF would take up two of the 8 inputs. The other six inputs would be for whatever other gear you are using.

So you would have less audio outputs from the MOXF by purchasing 8in/8out external interface. See how it works? I know you don’t :-) but trust me.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2014 @ 08:23 AM
jerrydpi
Total Posts:  973
Joined  11-03-2012

Phil,

1) Now THAT I do understand.
2) I will always trust my mentor :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2014 @ 11:18 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Cool… we’ll have you comfortably wearing that Musician/Technician dual hat in no time!!!
:-)

I’m excited about 2014 - we are going to have a more visual presentation of the “HOW TO” stuff.
Although writing out all these routines step-by-step is a great exercise and can lead to success for some (eventually) seeing it happen is probably a better way to do this stuff.

Learning to tie your shoe is a simple activity - we all had someone teach us this as a kid.
Try writing that out as a step-by-step document. Nothing looks more complicated and convoluted to do - but in actuality it is a very simple thing… To tie your shoe

So if you are reading how to record audio and MIDI to your DAW simultaneously, while triggering ARPEGGIOS… Nothing on earth can look as complicated and convoluted. But if you watch some one setup and do it, your perception of this activity is: Oh, yeah, Of course, that’s easy.

In eighth grade I was given the task of having to write out “How to tie a Double Windsor knot” You know back in the days when you had to wear a tie to school (dating myself badly now)… The teacher wanted to prove that something we do everyday could seem unbelievably complex when in fact it is not. Most of the kids in the class failed miserably - We could select the ‘shoe’ or the ‘tie’.

Being the nerd I am, I actually succeeded - they had a female in the class, selected at random, follow my instructions to see if the directions were able to meet with success. My teacher was impressed - the key was humor interspersed with the directions… worked like a charm. My teacher encouraged me to write technical manuals… never did. But as you can see from this type of forum - it can help but it is tedious on both sides.

Anyway stay tuned for some NEW formats in 2014!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2014 @ 11:25 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Total Posts:  201
Joined  11-12-2013
Bad_Mister - 21 January 2014 11:18 AM

Cool… we’ll have you comfortably wearing that Musician/Technician dual hat in no time!!!
:-)

I’m excited about 2014 - we are going to have a more visual presentation of the “HOW TO” stuff.
Although writing out all these routines step-by-step is a great exercise and can lead to success for some (eventually) seeing it happen is probably a better way to do this stuff.

Learning to tie your shoe is a simple activity - we all had someone teach us this as a kid.
Try writing that out as a step-by-step document. Nothing looks more complicated and convoluted to do - but in actuality it is a very simple thing… To tie your shoe

So if you are reading how to record audio and MIDI to your DAW simultaneously, while triggering ARPEGGIOS… Nothing on earth can look as complicated and convoluted. But if you watch some one setup and do it, your perception of this activity is: Oh, yeah, Of course, that’s easy.

In eighth grade I was given the task of having to write out “How to tie a Double Windsor knot” You know back in the days when you had to wear a tie to school (dating myself badly now)… The teacher wanted to prove that something we do everyday could seem unbelievably complex when in fact it is not. Most of the kids in the class failed miserably - We could select the ‘shoe’ or the ‘tie’.

Being the nerd I am, I actually succeeded - they had a female in the class, selected at random, follow my instructions to see if the directions were able to meet with success. My teacher was impressed - the key was humor interspersed with the directions… worked like a charm. My teacher encouraged me to write technical manuals… never did. But as you can see from this type of forum - it can help but it is tedious on both sides.

Anyway stay tuned for some NEW formats in 2014!!!

This is really great news!:)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Hum in stereo
Next Topic:

moxf8 and YC3b ››