mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pattern RCV/Control set changes not being saved"

Posted on: January 19, 2014 @ 01:49 PM
Dick_Burns
Total Posts:  19
Joined  01-13-2007

I am editing a pattern using the Yamaha MOXF6/8 editor and have made some changes in the controller set assignment section for 4 voices to get the behavior that I need. When I send the patter to my MOXF6 or make the changes while the board is online the controls are working exactly as I want them to. However, after saving the pattern on the MOXF6 if I go to a different pattern or voice etc. and then come back to the pattern the controls no longer function as I programmed them. Am I missing a step? Does the newest firmware upgrade address this issue?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2014 @ 02:17 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Am I missing a step?

Not sure, but you certainly did not mention “STORE”. Only the Stored data gets Saved to a file.

If you fail to STORE your data first, it will revert back to its previously stored condition.

You need to first STORE VOICE, then STORE MIXING.
You can right click in the editor and select STORE VOICE (or find it under the Edit pull down on the menu bar)

When you edit a Voice, a blue (I think its blue) letter “V” appears in the upper right of the Editor.
When you edit a Voice in the MOXF a letter “E” appears in the screen.

These little letters will always indicate what you have edited and whether or not you have STORED that change… Now that you know they are there learn to use them. They are reminders of what you have altered. If a letter appears its a warning that although the edit is currently in effect, if you move away (before you Store) you’re going to lose your edit and it returns to the previously stored status.

Letter Code in the Editor indicates what you’ve changed and what you have not yet STORED
V = Voice edits are not yet stored
M = Multi or mixing edits are not yet stored
G = Global or utility edits are not yet stored
F = you have not yet created a FILE from this data.

Before you close or move away from what you are working on make it apart of your checklist… Look at the letter icons to see if you have neglected something important… Namely executing the STORE function… Only the stored get saved!

Does the newest firmware upgrade address this issue?

No. There is no issue, as far as we can tell. But let us know if the above does the trick.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2014 @ 06:01 PM
Dick_Burns
Total Posts:  19
Joined  01-13-2007

Storing the voice did indeed solve the problem. Now I am a little confused. I always thought that the changes that I made under Part Common: General or Arp or RCV/Control Set or LFO or Effect sections were just local to the mixing. For example I can have the same voice selected for part 1 and part 2. I can have both of them set to different octaves by setting differing note shift values for the parts and this doesn’t alter the voice and there is no need to store changes to the voice, but this appears not to be the case for the Controller Set Assign section. In any case storing changes to the voice does provide a solution and I thank you for the quick answer.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Connecting iPad 4th Generation to MOXF
Next Topic:

Karma-lab software ››