mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF 6 & Cubase 6.5"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: January 19, 2014 @ 09:54 AM
mick_n
Total Posts:  71
Joined  01-06-2003

I recently aquired a MOXF 6 as an Xmas present & just started using it with Cubase.

When running the supplied cubase AI LE elements 7, the remote functions all work perfectly.(Running a PC with Win 7)

I allready own Cubase 6.5 but in Cubase\remote devices i notice that the device failed to open,so my question is......will the MOXF integrate with Cubase 6.5 as it does in the AI LE elements 7 version, or to enjoy the full integration, do i have to update my Cubase 6.5 to version 7?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2014 @ 03:40 AM
Hank_Buchek
Total Posts:  54
Joined  12-02-2013
mick_n - 19 January 2014 09:54 AM

I recently aquired a MOXF 6 as an Xmas present & just started using it with Cubase.

When running the supplied cubase AI LE elements 7, the remote functions all work perfectly.(Running a PC with Win 7)

I allready own Cubase 6.5 but in Cubase\remote devices i notice that the device failed to open,so my question is......will the MOXF integrate with Cubase 6.5 as it does in the AI LE elements 7 version, or to enjoy the full integration, do i have to update my Cubase 6.5 to version 7?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

It should do properly ...  maybe start here ?

Regards,
Hank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2014 @ 07:47 AM
mick_n
Joined  01-06-2003

Thank you for responding Hank. I have read all the Instructions etc.

Please see attached screenshots of Cubase LE AI Elements 7 device menu & Cubase 6.5 device menu. It shows that the “MOXF6\MOXF Extension set up” is present.

However, in Cubase 6.5 device menu, “MOXF6\MOXF Extension set up” is missing.

Image Attachments
LE AI Elements 7.jpgCubase 6.5.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2014 @ 02:00 AM
Hank_Buchek
Joined  12-02-2013
mick_n - 20 January 2014 07:47 AM

Thank you for responding Hank. I have read all the Instructions etc.

Please see attached screenshots of Cubase LE AI Elements 7 device menu & Cubase 6.5 device menu. It shows that the “MOXF6\MOXF Extension set up” is present.

However, in Cubase 6.5 device menu, “MOXF6\MOXF Extension set up” is missing.

It appears to me you’ve installed both versions of Cubase on the very same machine? If so, the extensions may not get aware of this when installing...they look for a Cubase installation when you start the setup, and maybe they detect “LE AI” version at first and install into that version, but not into the 6.5 ....

But this is just a guess. I could imagine that Steinberg would help you out with this. I quickly scanned through the manual of the remote tools, no hints.

Good luck,
Hank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2014 @ 03:20 AM
mick_n
Joined  01-06-2003

Thank you once again Hank. I submitted a support request to steinberg & will wait for there response.
In the meantime i will load my clean “testing” image of win 7 & install only Cubase 6.5 & the remote tools to see what happens.

Fingers crossed & thanks again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2014 @ 04:21 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Total Posts:  201
Joined  11-12-2013

If you start the remote editor in stand alone and go File/setup
there you have DAW select.

This said my Cubase 5 does NOT show up on the list only Cubase AI7.

Not sure there is any backward compatibility here....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2014 @ 04:22 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

YOu can have as many versions of Cubase on your computer as you desire - they will not interfere with each other - quite the contrary they share things quite well really (trust me I have the current and several previous versions on my computers at all time - just to do support questions)!

You are looking in the wrong place to see whether or not Cubase 6.5 (or Cubase AI) have properly installed the MOXF REMOTE TOOLS (Which install the Extension). Of course the free program and the purchased versions are different… to verify your situation…

Please navigate to DEVICES > Plug-in Information >Program Plug-ins

Here you should see your “Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8 Editor VST Assistant” and your “Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8 Extension” listed - and the current versions (way over on the right)

That is where you look… Post a screen shot of that page in each - that will tell the story!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2014 @ 04:37 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Joined  11-12-2013
Bad_Mister - 21 January 2014 04:22 AM

YOu can have as many versions of Cubase on your computer as you desire - they will not interfere with each other - quite the contrary they share things quite well really (trust me I have the current and several previous versions on my computers at all time - just to do support questions)!

You are looking in the wrong place to see whether or not Cubase 6.5 (or Cubase AI) have properly installed the MOXF REMOTE TOOLS (Which install the Extension). Of course the free program and the purchased versions are different… to verify your situation…

Please navigate to DEVICES > Plug-in Information >Program Plug-ins

Here you should see your “Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8 Editor VST Assistant” and your “Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8 Extension” listed - and the current versions (way over on the right)

That is where you look… Post a screen shot of that page in each - that will tell the story!

Hi BM
You and I responded at the same time:) see my post above yours!
but I have an question regarding this.... as I thought the extension had no backward compatibility.

I checked my Cubase5 Program Plugins and I can see
“Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8 Editor VST Assistant”
but NOT the “Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8 Extension”

Are Cubase5 suppose to work with this extension?
My cubase5 is 32bit in win7 64bit - should I install the 32bit version of the extension and it will work?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2014 @ 06:08 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

but I have an question regarding this.... as I thought the extension had no backward compatibility.

There is backward compatibility but its a matter of how far backward you go… The OP was concerned about Cubase Series 6 (not 5) - I have to refer you to your MySteinberg Account -email them. They will be able to tell you at what point your old SERIES 5 version is non-compliant.

Cubase series 5 pre-dates the MOXF by quite a bit of time in computer land.
And while I have Cubase AI6, Cubase 6.5, Cubase AI7, Cubase 7 and Cubase 7.5 on my computer, I do not have Cubase 5 series as much of it is slipping into history now - when I got my new computer I just did not see a reason to move that over to the new one.

And although the requirements of the MOXF6/MOXF8 REMOTE TOOLS lists Cubase series 7 - it certainly works in series 6. Did you install the Remote Tools?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2014 @ 06:19 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Joined  11-12-2013
Bad_Mister - 21 January 2014 06:08 AM

There is backward compatibility but its a matter of how far backward you go… The OP was concerned about Cubase Series 6 (not 5) - I have to refer you to your MySteinberg Account -email them. They will be able to tell you at what point your old SERIES 5 version is non-compliant.

Cubase series 5 pre-dates the MOXF by quite a bit of time in computer land.
And while I have Cubase AI6, Cubase 6.5, Cubase AI7, Cubase 7 and Cubase 7.5 on my computer, I do not have Cubase 5 series as much of it is slipping into history now - when I got my new computer I just did not see a reason to move that over to the new one.

And although the requirements of the MOXF6/MOXF8 REMOTE TOOLS lists Cubase series 7 - it certainly works in series 6. Did you install the Remote Tools?

Actually I don`t expect it to have that far of backwards compatibility.

yes I have installed the Remote Tools and I have Cubase AI7 64bit working with it.

But I also noticed that the extension is 64bit, and as I mention my Cubase 5 is 32bit.

Never mind I can use AI7 with remote and C5 without remote:)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2014 @ 06:24 AM
mick_n
Joined  01-06-2003

Thank you all once again for responding.

here are the screenshots that Phil mentioned.

The Extension plugin in program plugins is unticked. When i tick it you can see that in the other screenshot it gives the failed to initialise message. Aslo in the remaining screenshot, it shows the device failed to open message.

Image Attachments
Device remote.jpgPlgu ig info 2.jpgPlug in  info.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2014 @ 08:02 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

I’ll try to find out what the deal is exactly. I know that the MOXF software says it requires Cubase series 7 - Not sure if this is due to some change in Cubase itself. What happens when you go to launch the Editor inside of Cubase?

DEVICES > VST INSTRUMENTS > EXTERNAL > MOXF6/MOXF8 VST

Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2014 @ 08:22 AM
mick_n
Joined  01-06-2003

Thank you Phil, not at the computer at the moment but I will check on launching the editor in Cubase this evening. I am almost certain that I have done this, but cannot be completely certain as I have tried so many things to get this working my head is aching!

If I need to upgrade to Cubase 7 series to enable the remote features\MOXF panel buttons to function, then I will gladly do so!
Your input on this is greatly appreciated, thank you again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2014 @ 09:38 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Joined  11-12-2013
mick_n - 21 January 2014 08:22 AM

Thank you Phil, not at the computer at the moment but I will check on launching the editor in Cubase this evening. I am almost certain that I have done this, but cannot be completely certain as I have tried so many things to get this working my head is aching!

If I need to upgrade to Cubase 7 series to enable the remote features\MOXF panel buttons to function, then I will gladly do so!
Your input on this is greatly appreciated, thank you again.

FYI: The MOXF6/MOXF8 VST work in Cubase 5.
but NOT the remote extension.

I realized that I had not installed the 32bit version of the remote tools.
Now when I have done it,I get the same message “Failed to initialize” as you are mick_n

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2014 @ 05:42 AM
mick_n
Joined  01-06-2003
Bad_Mister - 21 January 2014 08:02 AM

I’ll try to find out what the deal is exactly. I know that the MOXF software says it requires Cubase series 7 - Not sure if this is due to some change in Cubase itself. What happens when you go to launch the Editor inside of Cubase?

DEVICES > VST INSTRUMENTS > EXTERNAL > MOXF6/MOXF8 VST

Let us know.

Here are some screenshots of the editor launched in Cubase 6.5. The editor program works fine....its just the remote integration thats causing the head scratching. Also here is a screenshot of the remote editor displaying the DAW selection fields with only references to Cubase AI 7 & Cubase Elements 7 & “Other”.

It would be interesting to see if the remote extension was working in the full V7 of Cubase, but i do not think that Steinberg have trial versions of this anymore.

Image Attachments
editor.jpgremote.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2014 @ 07:15 AM
Hank_Buchek
Joined  12-02-2013
mick_n - 22 January 2014 05:42 AM

[....]It would be interesting to see if the remote extension was working in the full V7 of Cubase, but i do not think that Steinberg have trial versions of this anymore.

Mick,

i have Cubase 7 Artist (so not the full version) and it runs just fine....but I must admit, it’s the MoX, not the MoXF.

Best wishes,
Hank

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Behaviour of AF1/AF2 buttons
Next Topic:

Connecting iPad 4th Generation to MOXF ››