mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Controling Strings With FC7"

Posted on: January 16, 2014 @ 07:33 PM
Studiobuoy
Total Posts:  37
Joined  11-25-2013

Hello everyone, I layered Concert Grand and Strings,but I want to be able to control the string volume only with the foot pedal and leave the piano to play and not be affected by the FC7. I accidently found a screen which allowed me to uncheck a box on the piano which allowed it to not be controlled by the FC7, but cannot figure out how i was able to do that.Thanks in advance for any help

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2014 @ 08:27 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I believe you’re referring to the Receive Switch setting. See page 69 of the MOXF Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2014 @ 10:58 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

We assume you are in a PERFORMANCE
press [EDIT]
Press the PART number for the Piano part
Press [F5] RCV SWITCH
Clear the EXP box
Press [STORE]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2014 @ 12:33 PM
rforman61@msn.com
Total Posts:  31
Joined  01-08-2014

Just want to chime in with an observation about this - I figured it out, but it is not quite intuitive: when I first went to do this, I stumbled at first on the fact that one of the Check-boxes on the Rcv Switch screen, is labeled “FC” which I figured would correspond to the foot switch plugged into the port on the back panel labeled Foot Control.  When this didn’t have the desired effect, I guessed right on the second try, that EXP was the abbreviation for the control I wanted, but you gotta admit this is a little confusing!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2014 @ 01:41 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
rforman61@msn.com - 17 January 2014 12:33 PM

Just want to chime in with an observation about this - I figured it out, but it is not quite intuitive: when I first went to do this, I stumbled at first on the fact that one of the Check-boxes on the Rcv Switch screen, is labeled “FC” which I figured would correspond to the foot switch plugged into the port on the back panel labeled Foot Control.  When this didn’t have the desired effect, I guessed right on the second try, that EXP was the abbreviation for the control I wanted, but you gotta admit this is a little confusing!

Yes, I stumbled upon this the same way you did!  I still don’t really understand it (explanation anyone?), but at least...like you...I know what to do!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2014 @ 08:28 AM
Studiobuoy
Total Posts:  37
Joined  11-25-2013

Thanks everyone...I agree it’s confusing....think I finally got it figured out.

[ Ignore ]