mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can’t get XF8 sounds to play from Logic Pro midi."

Posted on: January 16, 2014 @ 04:29 PM
sage540
Total Posts:  187
Joined  08-14-2004

Hardware and software setup -

Macbook Pro running OSX 10.9.1
XF8 to Mac via USB to HOST
Apogee quartet to Mac via USB 2.0
XF8 to Apogee quartet via quarter in cables.  Out of the main outputs of the XF and into Analog inputs 1 and 2 on the quartet.
Apogee out 1 and 2 to powered mixer.
Running Logic Pro 9

Downloaded USB drivers from Yamaha and XF Editor.  Former Cubase user who switched to Logic a while back for reasons I don’t know and XF8 and Apogee audio interface are new.  Moving from a controller and virtual instrument set up to this. 

Goals -

1. Use the XF8 to sound midi files and projects in Logic and record back to Logic.
2. Record live from the XF8 including vocals (I have a mic into Input 3 of the Quartet).

Seem to have everything setup and I can play the XF8 in Logic by adding an audio track.  In addition if I open a midi file in Logic and hit the keys on the XF8, I can hear the different instruments (Logic Sounds).  I’d like to hear the sounds from the Motif.

It seems I can’t select the Motif as an instrument in Logic.  Messed around with the Midi and Control Surface Preferences as well as setting for Local Control on the XF8.  Stumped.

Looked at the manuals and forums here and elsewhere and it’s clear I am missing something.  In Cubase with the XF Editor, it was easier to accomplish the above goals.  At that time I was running an XF with the FW card. 

Where I think I am failing -

1. Setup setting on the XF Editor.
2. Settings on the XF8.
3. Midi settings on the Mac and in Logic.  (This is the big one I am sure).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2014 @ 04:46 PM
sage540
Total Posts:  187
Joined  08-14-2004

So sorry. Wrong thread. Can I delete this or can the Admin do so?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ L a t e n c y
Next Topic:

Controling Strings With FC7 ››